• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JustInTime - Speedcubing Timer for Android

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
Hey everyone,

I just released my timer for Android, since there weren't any good ones already in the market. It features scramblers for all WCA official puzzles, including optimal 2x2 scrambles. It also displays your current and best averages of 5, 12, and 100.

Thanks to Dan Cohen, since I pretty much based the design off of iiTimer.

Get it here.

Right now it's just the free version, which has ads, but after a few days if there are no big problems or anything reported I'll put up the no-ad 99 cent version.

Here are some screenshots .

If there are any issues or feedback, either post in this thread or send me an email at [email protected].

sofeeuhh

Oh my gosh, is the name a play off of your own name? "JustIn" and your name is Justin? If so, that's genius! And it looks like a good app, you should make one for iPods and iPhone's too!

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Just downloaded, (on phone right now). Well improved from the one you posted on irc,
- when stopping the timer, you should be able to anywhere. Perhaps have changing puzzles through the menu button, I've hit the changing puzzle menu while timing already a few times.
- manual entering in of times.

If you do these I'll buy it, my phone is crap, so stopping the timer lags a bit. Entering in times would be awesome.

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
What's wrong with SpeedCube Timer?

I found the interface a bit bulky and obnoxious, and my first impression of it was looking at the 2x2 and seeing 6-gen scrambles.

Oh my gosh, is the name a play off of your own name? "JustIn" and your name is Justin? If so, that's genius! And it looks like a good app, you should make one for iPods and iPhone's too!

Haha, yes, my name is Justin. If you need a timer for iPod touch or iPhone you should check out Dan Cohen's iiTimer.

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's wrong with SpeedCube Timer?

The first pyraminx scramble I ever got from it contained the sequence B' B' B' B'
2x2x2 scrambles are just truncated 3x3x3 scrambles.
It keeps track of mean of 5 and mean of 10, it doesn't do corrected avg5/12.
You cannot recover scrambles.
4x4x4 and 6x6x6 both have cancelling moves in scrambles.
etc

rcbeyer

WCA
2010BEYE01
Hey

First i must say, I have downloaded the timer and so far have enjoyed it thoroughly. However, I have run into a feature that I'm not liking quite as much.
I have the HTC Thunderbolt, running Android 2.2 after running the application my backlight no longer turns off by itself, even outside the application, I have to manually lock the phone instead of allowing the backlight time out. After removing the application the backlight then acts normally timing out when supposed to.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Have you, as the developer?

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
Hey

First i must say, I have downloaded the timer and so far have enjoyed it thoroughly. However, I have run into a feature that I'm not liking quite as much.
I have the HTC Thunderbolt, running Android 2.2 after running the application my backlight no longer turns off by itself, even outside the application, I have to manually lock the phone instead of allowing the backlight time out. After removing the application the backlight then acts normally timing out when supposed to.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Have you, as the developer?

I'm not getting this problem, but I just changed some things that could fix it. Could you get the new update and let me know if your problems are fixed?

rcbeyer

WCA
2010BEYE01
I'm not getting this problem, but I just changed some things that could fix it. Could you get the new update and let me know if your problems are fixed?

yeah. when i downloaded it this time i did not experience the issue. one thing that i would like to see is separate scrambles for OH and BLD things like that, do you think that would implemented?

JustinJ

Premium Member
WCA
2008JAFF01
Hey everyone,

I just uploaded a new version of the timer, here's a copy of the changes:

*Fixed several small bugs with the averages on the timer screen not changing when deleting a time
*Added manual entry of times
*Added multi-step timing
*Modified statistics formatting slightly

Again, if anyone finds any bugs or has any criticisms, please let me know :)

By the way, this is still just the free version, I haven't added any extra features I feel are worth creating the paid version for yet.[

Thanks!