• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jigaloo Vs Crc

Jigaloo vs crc

• Jigaloo

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • crc

Votes: 37 61.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I agree. I really haven't noticed any difference in using the two lubricants. To bad the poster didn't put, "either".

Although the Jig-A-Loo was a dollar more at Home Depot then CRC was at Walmart.

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I agree. I really haven't noticed any difference in using the two lubricants.

Well there's definitely a difference. CRC is good for making cubes turn fast. But it can also make a cube too loose, so as a rule of thumb, I always use CRC on cubes that can be adjusted. Jig a loo is more for making cubes smooth and it doesn't really have the tendency to make cubes too loose as much, so I use it on cubes that can not be adjusted.

Twofu2

I saw jigaloo at Target, and it was 3.48$ or something, but people told me that crc at walmart is like .99 cents.

mbrart

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've never tried jig-a-loo, but I must admit, CRC is dang cheap stuff. And it dries fast, which I really like. May not last forever, but it's slick enough.

Regisiew

it depends on the puzzle. Typically i think crc is faster, though i occasionally use jigaloo too. Crc is better for hard plastics like diansheng, and storebought.

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
let me rephrase what i said earlier.

I like crc for storeboughts. it slightly loosens them, and it dries faster. jig-a-loo is good after the cube is broken in because all it does is make it faster. speed-wise its a tie.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to bet that at least half the people voting in this poll have not used both silicone sprays...and since most of them are Americans...they will vote CRC. So prepare to get inaccurate results. D:

What does them being American have anything to do with it?

I'm American, I've used both, and know what each does to a puzzle.

I prefer Jig-a-loo.

Because CRC is the most common/available lube in America. It's hard to get Jig-a-loo outside of the Toronto-area of Canada or the Northeastern US, therefore fewer people have tried it.

I think jig-a-loo is great when something needs to be loosened or broken in (qj 4x4s, ES 2x2s, etc) but when you just want it to turn faster, like a 3x3, I use CRC.
I tried to find online shop where I could buy jig-a-loo, but didn't find a place that ships outside of North America.. :/
Nothing wrong with CRC silicone spray that I've been using almost 10 years now for different things, I love it, perfect product.
It just would've been fun to try if they are any different..

btw, does anyone know if this is just some basic silicone spray in a new dress: http://www.dealperfect.com/detail.dp/sku.24877 ?
Looks cool if you have lubricant where's a picture of Rubik's cube. :D

elcarc

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to bet that at least half the people voting in this poll have not used both silicone sprays...and since most of them are Americans...they will vote CRC. So prepare to get inaccurate results. D:

What does them being American have anything to do with it?

I'm American, I've used both, and know what each does to a puzzle.

I prefer Jig-a-loo.

Because CRC is the most common/available lube in America. It's hard to get Jig-a-loo outside of the Toronto-area of Canada or the Northeastern US, therefore fewer people have tried it.

I think jig-a-loo is great when something needs to be loosened or broken in (qj 4x4s, ES 2x2s, etc) but when you just want it to turn faster, like a 3x3, I use CRC.
I tried to find online shop where I could buy jig-a-loo, but didn't find a place that ships outside of North America.. :/
Nothing wrong with CRC silicone spray that I've been using almost 10 years now for different things, I love it, perfect product.
It just would've been fun to try if they are any different..

btw, does anyone know if this is just some basic silicone spray in a new dress: http://www.dealperfect.com/detail.dp/sku.24877 ?
Looks cool if you have lubricant where's a picture of Rubik's cube. :D
advanced auto parts if its around where you live

rubixfreak

what are the differences between Jig-a-loo and CRC?
with that i mean their chemical ingredients.

i live in germany and the only thing avaible here is Caramba silicone spray which is actually 100% silicone + butane and propane to make it sprayable

However in hardware shops i often see things like graphit lubricant or sth. called MoS2 (both actually designed for cars) i wonder if they work for cubes... Anyone ever tried something of these?

RDT96

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use both. I just lubed mine with CRC and beat my record, but when I use Jig-a-Loo I get better averages. Probably just coincidence.

Jig-a-Loo smells like Red Bull

mbrart

YouTube
Visit Channel
advanced auto parts if its around where you live

I have never found Jig-a-Loo or CRC at an auto parts store. I found 3-in-1 (bad) and Liquid Wrench, which I hear is just as bad as Vaseline. But I've found Jig-a-Loo only at Target and CRC only at Wal Mart.

I checked the msds of both and they both contain about the same amount of silicone, so they are basically the same. Jig-A-loo has
METHYLENE CHLORIDE that can damage your cube if you let it pool on your cubies. Crc has HEPTANE and ACETONE both if which will do the same damage as the
METHYLENE CHLORIDE. Both have the same results; Jig-a-loo needs a shorter break in period. It also depends on which batch you get because the Silicone in both lubricanst can be anywhere from 2-7%. I use 30,000 diff oil to act as lubix and I lube it with Jig-A-loo to make it speedier quicker, if I have the time, I spray in CRC because I love the smell it gives off!

daniel0731ex

As I said in my previous posts (in another thread), Methylene Chloride is used for chemically bonding plastics together.