• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jayden McNeill's Speedcubing Solution

brododragon

Lol on his website it says "a short sentence describing what someone would get by subscribing".

Dex

Enrollment is over so I guess I am a bit late with my advice but I would like to share my experience:

I have gotten a critique + improvement plan + short Skype session from Jayden in 2019 and I was very happy about it.
This was a great experience and the biggest reason why I decided to buy his course.

However for the course itself I have mixed feelings.

0) The cubing - 10/10
The cubing part is very good. The general message is the universal advice: fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals.
He also shows what are the fundamentals of speedcubing and cuts them into small pieces that can be practiced and mastered separately.
This part is very good and in my opinion this does not exist anywhere else on the market. No single piece of advice is particularly original or surprising, but it's compiled into comprehensive and coherent set of advice and exercises which makes it a great studying material.

1) Motivational talk 2/10
Another face of the course is motivational talk which in my opinion is quite bad.
I think the course would be better without it. A lot of obvious things or nonsense things are being said like they are some kind of breakthrough wisdom. A big chunk of the course is actually praising the course and the people who bought for making the best decision in their lives and how now they are on the path to success. I am allergic to this kind of stuff.

2) Insulting people -1/10
And the last face of the course is constant insulting of people like me who don't take cubing too seriously. It's very weird because in 1 on 1 he was very nice and didn't even hint that he cares about cubing not being my life top priority but he constantly does so in the course material and in his emails, which at some point I have considered too much.

In conclusion. If you have the money and you don't mind too much being insulted for paying the money or actually you really love being part of the "like-minded group of people" then the actual cubing advice is pure gold and clearly shows that Jayden knows what is the process of getting really good at something and has done his job in verbalizing what this process actually looks like applied to cubing very well.

I'm convinced that if you listen to the advice in this course you're basically guaranteed to make progress

Still I would not buy it again because of the constant feeling of being insulted for not being "like-minded person".
If you or other still have access, could you provide some of the training worksheets, schedules or a screenshot of the titles of the videos in the f2l course? Just curious how he structures a practice schedule

Imsoosm

If you or other still have access, could you provide some of the training worksheets, schedules or a screenshot of the titles of the videos in the f2l course? Just curious how he structures a practice schedule
You're supposed to pay to get the files. If kubesolver sent the files then no one would pay for the course

Hazel

Premium Member
I was super serious about improving when I enrolled, but at this point I've mostly moved on from speedsolving