• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Introduce old-style MBLD weekly competition in SS comps

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would love to have old-style MBLD introduced alongside normal 1 hour WCA-like MBLD in the SS comp. It will allow people and interested BLDers to plan huge attempts if they want to, and also test their memory.

Old-style MBLD definitely will make attempts go over the hour, if cubers attempt a lot of cube. It will be accuracy based event, with the highest score winning the competition every week.

I hope some people do feel the need of introducing it.

Please voice your thoughts on this event in this thread.

Happy Cubing!

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would love to have old-style MBLD introduced alongside normal 1 hour WCA-like MBLD in the SS comp. It will allow people and interested BLDers to plan huge attempts if they want to, and also test their memory.

Old-style MBLD definitely will make attempts go over the hour, if cubers attempt a lot of cube. It will be accuracy based event, with the highest score winning the competition every week.

I hope some people do feel the need of introducing it.

Please voice your thoughts on this event in this thread.

Happy Cubing!

I've heard of the old style MBLD, but can you just explain how it works?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've heard of the old style MBLD, but can you just explain how it works?
You have no time limit and you can do as many cubes as you want to.

It used to exist until 2011/2010 I guess in the WCA. (I think there is a general cutoff time limit of 10 minutes per cube too) So, if you do a 100 cube attempt, you get 1000 minutes to finish the attempt.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A couple of problems:
  • The cut off for suggesting events is in December, so you'll have to wait a year until adding it.
  • Multi participation isn't exactly high, so adding this will appeal to an even smaller number of people.
  • Many people wouldn't want to spend more than an hour doing weekly comp, never mind another multi event.
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of seeing how far this style of multi could be pushed, but I don't think that it's for weekly comp.