• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I would like a cubing channel but....

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are her reasons for not letting you? There are a lot of valid reasons parents might not want their kids posting so publicly about themselves, but you might be able to compromise depending on how strict her rules are. For example, if she's worried about strangers on the internet being able to see you, maybe offer to not show your face in your videos.

(Worst case, you can always film some videos for yourself/friends and not post them anywhere. I did this for a while before I started my channel and really enjoyed it!)

MEF227

What are her reasons for not letting you? There are a lot of valid reasons parents might not want their kids posting so publicly about themselves, but you might be able to compromise depending on how strict her rules are. For example, if she's worried about strangers on the internet being able to see you, maybe offer to not show your face in your videos.

(Worst case, you can always film some videos for yourself/friends and not post them anywhere. I did this for a while before I started my channel and really enjoyed it!)
Thanks for replying DG, love your videos by the way. I have asked before and one time, about a year ago, she said that there are creepy people out there that go after kids, especially girls. I was just thinking now that I am the eligible age for a YouTube channel and the cubing community is pretty safe and nice from what I know. But I have been allowed to be in a video on my friend’s channel before. I am also allowed to have an account here, I had a Snapchat at one point, and I am allowed to have a Twitter. So that is a little confusing that I am allowed to do those things with social media. The video with my friend, my face was in that video so it just confuses me a bit.

Iwannaganx

if you dont use your name, face or share you identity in any other way, then there is no realistic reason why she shouldnt let you. if you have twitter/snapchat thats strange but you just have to work her down.

btw i could convince my mum to let me make a channel but i would have no content lol. it would be so boring

GAN 356 X

I probably would not be allowed, but I would follow the guidelines that doctor lube and iwannaganx posted above
if you dont use your name, face or share you identity in any other way, then there is no realistic reason why she shouldnt let you. if you have twitter/snapchat thats strange but you just have to work her down.

btw i could convince my mum to let me make a channel but i would have no content lol. it would be so boring
Don't show your face, don't use your voice (use captions) and shoot against a plain background that doesn't give away your location.

You could also make a test video to show to your mother and see what she thinks.

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Say you won't show your face or location and say that it may help you get sponsored. If she says you aren't fast enough and you can have one when you are sub 10 or whatevs tell her you won't get popular by then unless you start now. Also make a very high quality vid and show her it she may let you then.

MEF227

Say you won't show your face or location and say that it may help you get sponsored. If she says you aren't fast enough and you can have one when you are sub 10 or whatevs tell her you won't get popular by then unless you start now. Also make a very high quality vid and show her it she may let you then.
Thanks for the advice. I honestly don’t think my mom cares about my speed, it is just people on the internet.

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So my parents used to frown upon the idea of me having a youtube channel, showing my face online or saying my real name ( i was 14-15 at the time) but i made a youtube channel anyway and never revealed any of this info and they were okay with it. Perhaps to give your mom peace of mind you could give her access to the channel as well as disable comments directly on youtube as there is more trolling and harsh comments there than there would be found here on speedsolving and explain that you just want to share solves or reviews (or whatever video type you plan to make). I hope things work out!