• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] I’m in love with cubing.

iCeCuBEz v2

Hi, my name is Mike. I started cubing a little over a year ago. I first learned the beginner’s method for 3x3x3. When I could get my solve times under a minute, I decided to learn principles of cfop.

I know full oll and full pll. I can also execute a decent amount of both from different angles. I’m honestly in love with executing these algorithms. It’s always so satisfying. I learned all of coll a while back, however I seldom practice it so a lot of those algs escape me. I know intuitive f2l, however there is sooooo much left to learn and discover as I find myself browsing YouTube videos about it. I just realized the advantage of using d moves to avoid cube rotations with it. It seems so obvious now idk why it took me a year to realize that. I plan to learn a lot more about 3x3x3, I love this puzzle. I have no desire to solve any other puzzles any time soon.

I have a sub 25 sec avg of 10
Personal record of 21 sec

I haven’t timed myself in months but I feel like I’m around the same speed.

Nice to meet all of you and I’m glad I joined the world of cubing. :D

iCeCuBEz v2

Hmm maybe one day, I need to brush up on coll again though before I even think about learning it.

Honestly though there’s so many other things I want to learn before learning more algs:

Xcross
Edge control during f2l
Color neutrality (I solve blue on bottom)
Finger tricks like efficient M slices (need to buy a better speed cube first)

Sue Doenim

Welcome! One thing I'd suggest is to look into the Roux and ZZ methods to see if you like them. Also, if you want to be color neutral, don't wait any longer to switch. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be.