• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hunger Games

soldii3runit

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have seen plenty of movies and selected a few as my favorite but dang, Hunger Games is at the top of my list. I never read the book, but I'm planning to. But I have to say, this movie has it all; thrill, suspense, comedy. Not only will it make hold on to your seats, but it could make you cry. I am a very sensitive person, but I didn't cry at all, but I felt very emotional, as if I were going to. 6 days has passed since I watched the movie, and every single emotion I felt throughout the movie is still going through me. Idk if it just me though.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best movie I've seen in a loooooooong time. I'm not a movie person at all and i would sa 49/50 times I've fallen asleep out of boredom but honestly this movie had my full attention for the hole 2 hrs 20 mins 10/10 no question. My brothers(6 & 8) also saw it and have went back to see it twice since. As said it has everthing thrill, romance comedy, you name it, it has it

Ninja Storm

WCA
2012ELLI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd give it a solid 3/5. The Hunger Games had a lot more potential, and it's not deserving of a very high score. The way the director tried to recreate the experience was mediocre, and was an average movie in terms of comparing it to movies made from books.

applemobile

Judging from the trailer I won't even entertain watching it. OP probably thinks that Battleship is a good film too.

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
Read the books, going to watch the movie today.

Expectiations is set low to minimize disappointment.

whauk

WCA
2008KARL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
the way the story is presented is much better in the book. there's more detailed character developement and her whole thinking process leading to critical decisions is really captivating.
however the music compensates the lots of gaps that the story leaves. just watch this scene as an example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWVlD4L2QQ
i know hardly any other films in which the music is so close and intense.

and somehow katniss appearance looks kind of stolen from narnia's susan.

conclusion: a good and worth seeing movie that could have been much better.

WCA
2011BOYD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Though I must hate anybody who saw the movie but hasn't read the book, I've seen it three times and all three of them have been great. It was the best movie adaptation of a book I've ever seen.

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Read the first chapter of the first book and got extremely bored, so I don't plan on seeing the movie any time soon. Maybe once it comes out on DVD, but not now.