• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

HTC Desire HD

lightinthebox

Banned
So over the last couple weeks I’ve been looking in to purchasing a new phone, and to be honest it has been pretty difficult deciding which new phone to get. As I’m sure everyone has, I’ve taken at the iPhone 4 and I have to admit that the apps and such that it offers are impressive. I’m not sure what it is, but there’s something about the iPhone that just doesn’t do it for me though. Instead I’ve been getting pretty excited, like others, about the upcoming HTC Desire HD and although information about the phone is moslty based on rumors I still believe that this phone will be phenominal.

The phone will supposedly run Adroid 2.2 which will allow the phone’s cpu to run up to 2-5 times faster with the OS. This massive change is just between 2.1 and 2.2 and with future Android updates I’m sure that the Adroid OS will only help the HTC Desire HD reach an even higher potential. From what I’ve seen of the original HTC Desire, this phone will be awesome, but if I need a phone soon is it really worth the wait?

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In general, waiting for technology is a never-ending cycle. If you need something now, get it now - there will be better products when you need to upgrade next time.

Gollum999

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an iPhone and I love it, but I have friends with Android phones and I'm not gonna lie, I envy them a bit. :p

The iPhone is really awesome, but the only problem is that you are trapped in Apple's little box. Everything is very locked down, and frankly it can be really frustrating at times. Any file transfer (music, movies, photos, etc.) have to be done through iTunes, there is very little you can do to customize your phone, and everything just feels... restricted. Unless of course you jailbreak it, but even then I don't think it's on par with Android as far as customization goes.

The iPhone does have a lot of good apps though. Especially games. A lot of popular games, like Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle, Super Monkey Ball, etc. aren't available on Android. But then again, the Android market doesn't have the kind of restrictions that the iPhone's App Store does. You can get things like emulators in the Android market, but you can't get them on the iPhone unless you jailbreak.

Whichever one you choose, though, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Like I said, I have an iPhone and I love it, and I think most Android phones are at least on par with the iPhone, so... either way you will end up with an awesome phone. :p

The iPhone is really awesome, but the only problem is that you are trapped in Apple's little box. Everything is very locked down, and frankly it can be really frustrating at times. Any file transfer (music, movies, photos, etc.) have to be done through iTunes, there is very little you can do to customize your phone, and everything just feels... restricted. Unless of course you jailbreak it, but even then I don't think it's on par with Android as far as customization goes.

I bought the iPhone about a year ago. I also jailbroke it.

After jailbreaking it, it has become the best phone I've ever used in years. There is a world of new opportunities in the iPhone, once you jailbreak it. The customization is insane. There is practically nothing that you can't do on an iPhone, from customization to file transfer. Everything can be tweaked to make it perfect to fit you.

If you don't think the customization is on par with Droid phones, what do you think you can do on a droid, that you can't do on a jailbroken iPhone?

In general, waiting for technology is a never-ending cycle. If you need something now, get it now - there will be better products when you need to upgrade next time.

This is also true. It's stupid to wait for technology.

I bought the iPhone 3GS. The iPhone 4 just came out, and I wanted it, but my contract wouldn't let me. I'd have to pay full price to get it. So, I'm waiting.

The thing is, if I get an iPone 4 now, the iPhone 5 will be released in a year, as everyone knows, since every year, Apple comes out with something new. So, if I wait for my contract to expire, it'll expire at the time when the newest iPhone will be out. So, I have to miss out on 1 generation, but I get the next generation after it, which will be the newest.

Also, my wife got hers at the 3G generation. So, we're always switching off on who has the latest one.
-She gets iPhone 3G.
-I get iPhone 3GS.
-She gets iPhone 4.
-I'm going to get the next one, which will probably be iPhone 5.

msoc14

WCA
2010BRUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got the HTC Incredible, and I love it. There are just so many features and things you can do with this and other Android phones. I've had it for about a month and I still don't know all you can do with it. With Android, you can 'root' your phone which is similar to jailbraking on the iPhone- I don't know much about rooting though.

When I got my phone, my mom was super jealous of it, so she got the Droid 2 and loves it. Android all the way!!

Gollum999

YouTube
Visit Channel

I bought the iPhone about a year ago. I also jailbroke it.

After jailbreaking it, it has become the best phone I've ever used in years. There is a world of new opportunities in the iPhone, once you jailbreak it. The customization is insane. There is practically nothing that you can't do on an iPhone, from customization to file transfer. Everything can be tweaked to make it perfect to fit you.

If you don't think the customization is on par with Droid phones, what do you think you can do on a droid, that you can't do on a jailbroken iPhone?

Well IDK, I don't have an Android phone, lol... but the main thing that comes to mind is widgets. Unless there is a way to get widgets through cydia that I haven't heard about. (Not counting Cydgets, since they don't work on iOS4 and are lock screen only.) :p

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Instead of quoting again...

Gollum999: Cydia has a few widgets. But you can also code some of them yourself, particularly things like clocks and weather, simple stuff. I'm sure other widgets can be coded as well. In short, i____ definitely has the capability for widgets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Trash Can 0