• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How much money have you spent so far on cubing?

Soren333

I think for me it's about just under $150

Notice how my title says "for cubing" and not "for cubes".

So include the prices of things like stacktimers, application tape, sticker sets etc.

TheCubeWizard

WCA
2013PARI03
YouTube
Visit Channel
probably less than $150 dollars. It really bugs me when slow people have more cubes than me(I average 15, talking about people who are in the 20s), how bout you guys? I mean like some people on youtube get new cubes every week and they spend so much time on those new cubes that they don't improve their times at all. thats okay for puzzle collectors but these people are "speedcubers"

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
probably less than $150 dollars. It really bugs me when slow people have more cubes than me(I average 15, talking about people who are in the 20s), how bout you guys? I mean like some people on youtube get new cubes every week and they spend so much time on those new cubes that they don't improve their times at all. thats okay for puzzle collectors but these people are "speedcubers"

I find life is a lot easier when you don't let what other people do bother you.

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01

I don't think $ and time have anything to do with each other. You can't say "it's the cuber not the cube" as if the cube has nothing to do with speed, and also say that spending time experimenting with different cubes has anything to do with being slow. Not saying YOU personally said that but it's very common on the forums. Although a quality cube makes a difference from a rubiks brand, pretty much any modern cube is capable of solid times.

I've probably spent upwards of $200-$250 in total and have lots of cubes but am not "fast" by the standards of the community. I agree with you that strict collectors spend more money on cubes than the average cuber, but it doesn't have anything to do with their speed IMO.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you include all twisty puzzles and downloaded iPad apps to emulate sliding tile puzzles, I have spent about $2200.

I would count the following as twisty puzzles: Missing Link, Rubik's 360, Rubik's Snake, Gripple, etc

Most costly item: Yuxin 11x11 cube, costing $153 AUD.

I give special thanks to the strong Australian dollar for making these products affoardable. Experts tip the Australian dollar to reach parity with the US dollar now.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
For me it's somewhere in the 5-digit numbers (maybe like 20000 or more), mostly on trains/flights and hotels to go to comps.

What's wrong with that ? Being a speedcuber doesn't mean that you have to dedicate your entire life to 3^3 speedsolve.