• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How much do your parents agree on cubing?

Title

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 2/10

• 3/10

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 4/10

• 5/10

• 6/10

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 7/10

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 8/10

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 9/10

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Idk

• Megaminx

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As a tween and teen, they saw it as an equivalent to chess or sports. They were supportive with me doing it and they drove me to comps that were sometimes a few states away. At the time, I was honestly rather ungrateful and was upset at not being able to go to comps like Worlds 2017, but overall they were very supportive.

I'd say they are pretty supportive of it. They let me buy cubes and let me practice and go to competitions. They say I cube too much sometimes, but they don't really stop me from doing it. As for competitions, they let me go to ones that are within a 4 hour drive, (there aren't any that occur within 2 hours of me) which I think is nice, even if I don't go to comps very frequently. When I am old enough to go to them by myself I will probably go to ones within 6 hours, but for now I'm grateful that they take me to ones that are within 4 hours.

WCA
2023POLL02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
My parents are like… hmm. They let me cube and took me to a comp 4 hrs away, but they often tell me to STOP CUBING! DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR LIFE!!! Even though I felt like I hadn’t done many solves, this usually happens when I spam algs around the house. But they seem to think it’s cool sometimes so I think I’ll change my vote from a 5/10 to a 7

hyn

SS Competition Results
My parents are like… hmm. They let me cube and took me to a comp 4 hrs away, but they often tell me to STOP CUBING! DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH YOUR LIFE!!! Even though I felt like I hadn’t done many solves, this usually happens when I spam algs around the house. But they seem to think it’s cool sometimes so I think I’ll change my vote from a 5/10 to a 7
wait but megaminx

I'd say 7/10 because they are willing to take me to comps and support my progress. However, they always say things like do you really need all theset cubes (bear in mind that I buy them all with my money) and tell me off for being on ss forums to often.

Mine would be like 1/10 because my parents want me to study like hell. My elder brother got into IIT 3 years back because of the hardwork. Now my parents want me too to study like that. My routine's like (in winter, i mean nowadays) wake up at 6:00, study till 7:30am. Get ready for school and come back at 3:15, sleep from 4 till 4:40 and get ready for the extra coaching classes for JEE practice, come back at 7:30 and study till 9 eat dinner till 9:15 and then study again till 9:45, talk to the elder brother till 10 and then cube for 1 hr. Still my parents say, "He doesn't study at all and cube the whole day." Btw i in 9th grade. So that's my life status. No loyal friends, no crush, nothing it's just me.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
10/10
my parents love it
I gave my dad a cube and I taught him, he even uses intuitive f2l his pb is 2min something
I gave my mom a jelly pyraminx she loves it, and I taught her some easy patterns on 3x3 and a simple uperm. she can't solve tho, only make one side and make/solve simple patterns

Last edited:

They dont mind, and they take me to comps and are somewhat supportive, but the only place i really can cube is my room before i am asked to stop "click clacking"

Edit: they also don't really like me spending hundreds a year on cubes, which is fair, but it is my money

(Btw i do not cube during a movie, like who does that, theres a line, and that is crossing it)

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
(Btw i do not cube during a movie, like who does that, theres a line, and that is crossing it)
slightly off topic but it's pretty common here for people to use the phone during a movie (messages and stuff)
here when we are watching something with our friends we yell at them when they use the phone xD

slightly off topic but it's pretty common here for people to use the phone during a movie (messages and stuff)
here when we are watching something with our friends we yell at them when they use the phone xD
My family are "cinema-addicts" so whenever someone uses their phone during the movie, one of us just straight up shouts across the cinema for them to turn their phone off lol.