• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I make Acube work

BigSams

All right. It's clear you are only interested in mustering up as much condescension as possible. You're a genius, I'm an idiot. You win. I'll remember not to expect any rational responses from you in the future.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All right. It's clear you are only interested in mustering up as much condescension as possible. You're a genius, I'm an idiot. You win. I'll remember not to expect any rational responses from you in the future.

LET ME HOLD YOUR HAND AND LET'S GO ON A JOURNEY
(You're cool with me holding your hand, right? :3)

Firstly, we want to find something. OMG GOOGLE IS GOOD AT FINDING THINGS!!!!!!!

So let's go to google.

jKEDH.png

Sensible enough. We want a rubik's cube solver called acube. No idea what other keywords you'd try for something like this.

LerJV.png

No, I didn't mean "cube rubik". I appreciate the thought though, google <3

Hey cool it found a website that claims it has rubik's cube software we should click and try it out!!!

BvotC.png

Wow awesome! This must be the thing I'm trying to find. It sounds EXACTLY like it. Let's click and see if anything happens.

qSVU8.png

Hmm. I clicked a link and it just took me to another link. it could be a virus!!!! Let's be brave and click on it again anyway! Maybe we'll finally get somewhere.

IYYdF.png

This is it this is it this is it! This looks like exactly what I want. It HAS to be the program I want, what else could it be? Hopefully there are some notes that explain what it does or something. That would be great, but I doubt that's gonna happen. Who the hell makes a program and actually writes something explaining how to use it?! (Don't forget to click OK and not CANCEL here)

EQlnK.png

Now, I forgot to take a picture of the icon to have to click to get to this point. If you have trouble finding the icon of the thing you downloaded and clicking on it let me know and I will make a tutorial for you.

Check out these files man! Interesting stuff. I wonder what it's all for. Might aswell start at the beginning. So the first file in the list is called !readme!.1st. Hmm. I think we should read that before we do anything else. Double click on the file (as usual) and let's see what happens.

n8Jhh.png

Nice! Some information about running the program. Shame it's not detailed though. WAIT A SECOND!!! It's telling us to look at another file before using the program. Seems like a silly thing to do, but let's run with it. Close this text file (x in the top corner) and open the 'ACube.txt' file.

QCeh6.png

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PSYCHIC OR SOMETHING THIS IS LIKE THE EXACT KIND OF STUFF I WANTED TO KNOW!!!!

*scroll scroll*

b7xO0.png

HEY THIS FILE SEEMS TO HAVE LOADS OF INFORMATION THAT IS RELEVANT TO OUR QUEST!!!!

zXb7R.png

ALERT THE MEDIA WE HIT THE MOTHERLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

BigSams

That's great and all, thanks. But instead of two pages of sparring and a giant post that clearly consumed much time and effort on your part, you could have simply said "Go to the ACube.txt file inside the JAcube folder after downloading". Also, remember that all I wanted was your reason/s for choosing ACube over CE, not instructions on how to use ACube. It'll help the OP though. I'll read through the file and see why exactly you're so partial to this.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
you could have simply said "Go to the ACube.txt file inside the JAcube folder after downloading"

Holy duck isn't that obvious? I'm pointing out how absurd it is to not understand what to do. Are you like, six or something? The fact that you actually thanked me for the above post has me worried about your wellbeing and how well you will cope with reality.

Also, remember that all I wanted was your reason/s for choosing ACube over CE, not instructions on how to use ACube.

THE FILE I POINTED OUT IN THE TUTORIAL ABOVE CONTAINS INFORMATION ON THE FEATURES OF ACUBE AND WHAT IT IS CAPABLE OF. TO COMPARE THIS TO CUBE EXPLORER, SIMPLY COMPARE THIS INFORMATION WITH WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT CUBE EXPLORER.

BigSams

The thanks was only there because I felt bad that you spent so much time making it up, not because I appreciated it!
And yes I can read it and compare the two! Read the last sentence of my previous post! I just figured you could produce a shortcut, but clearly you prefer to spend an hour proving some worthless point about "there are no shortcuts in life" or something like that. Well, I've got news. There are shortcuts everywhere and I'm going to use every one I find.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just figured you could produce a shortcut, but clearly you prefer to spend an hour proving some worthless point about "there are no shortcuts in life" or something like that. Well, I've got news. There are shortcuts everywhere and I'm going to use every one I find.

Wow. I wish you could see what other people think of you right now.

Please don't ask me to do something for you that you could simply do yourself. It's extremely lazy and wastes my time.

Are you an only child?

BigSams

Dude you wasted your own time by making that pointless "tutorial".
Look, all I mean by shortcuts are methods of achieving a goal at a higher efficiency than others methods. You could say that ZB is a shortcut. I realize now that asking you was a mistake; I won't do it again. But really, how difficult can it be to say this does this but that does not. Knowledge doesn't have a law of conservation or anything like that, so if someone were to post certain info, EVERYONE could learn from it and no one else would have to do the research. Disagreeing with that is like telling people to derive their own ZBLL algs.
And no, I'm not an only child, and even if I was, that is irrelevant.

EDIT: geez i got an infraction from a mod.. guess I'll stop posting and go study chem.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dude you wasted your own time by making that pointless "tutorial".

Not at all! It provided entertainment for me and others ^_^

As for everything else, have you ever heard the phrase "teach a man to fish"?

All that's happening here is that instead of you reseaching something, you want me to do the research and give you a summary. Sure, it's a 'shortcut' for you - but it's an inconvinience for me.