• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] How do I improve my case recognition?

Zachary Palan

I think just practice doing the case over and over again, don't even reverse it. they bring themselves back eventually. as you learn more about what each algorithm does, try looking at less of the cube to recognize the case, and start mixing up your cases. so basically practice lol. hope it helps!

tip: if you need practice on an alg, remember, if you do it enough without messing up, it will return the cube to its original state.

Reactions: Dom

TheRealWillB

I am currently memorizing full PLL, and I am almost done (N's, E, F, V) but I am having trouble with the G-perms. When I get them during solves, I have to stop and think about which way the pieces have to move, which increases them by 5-7 seconds when I get those cases. How can I differentiate between them easier?

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am currently memorizing full PLL, and I am almost done (N's, E, F, V) but I am having trouble with the G-perms. When I get them during solves, I have to stop and think about which way the pieces have to move, which increases them by 5-7 seconds when I get those cases. How can I differentiate between them easier?

For any G perm, put the non-swapped corners (headlights) on L. The G-perm can be determined by the position of the corner edge pair:

Front: Ga
Back: Gc
Right-front: Gd
Right-back: Gb

Pyjam

Premium Member
Corner permutation is the recognized by the location of stickers of the same color (and for the L cases by comparison with a 3rd sticker). The color themselves are indifferent.

For the Pi, you have either:
• twice the same color on the right
• twice the same color on the left
• twice the same color on the right and the left
• twice the same color on diagonal /
• twice the same color on diagonal \
• twice the same color on diagonal / and \

Thom S.

Ok, Pijam wrote the recognition for Pi, so I think the best Guide this

H:
Put your headlights in the Front, there are now
Two Vertical Rows
Two Vorizontal Columns
One Vertical Row and two Opposites
One Horizontal Column and two opposites

U(For Simplicity, I explain eith the two twisted Corners in the Back):

Opposites in the Back, Same on Front
Opposites in the Back, Opposites on Front
Same in the Back, Opposites on Front
Same in the Back, Same on Front
Adjacent in the Back, Left Corner having these two colors
Adjacent in the Back, Right Corner having these Colors

T:
The same, really

Should I continue?

Hallo cubing sheeples. I’ve been working on Eg-1 algs for 2x2, and im having trouble remembering when to use which alg to use. The same thing happened when i learned sune and anti sune colls.
Any advice or is it just one of those things?