• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi!

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok i'm going to break this down
1. You say you are sub 10 but your not according to your WCA profile and your last comp was only a month ago.
2. The reason the 3x3 WR average is set with CFOP is because it has been around a lot longer and also way more people use CFOP. The WR3 average is with Roux and that person has been cubing for the same time as you (their first comp was the same as your first comp, I did my research) which shows the exceptional potential of the method and it is the best method for OH which is why the fastest OH solver uses Roux (Kian Mansour) and so does one of the only other people with an official sub 10 OH average. maybe you should try Roux as you seem to struggle with OH.
3. The reason more people use CFOP is because there are a lot more resources and if you search up Speedcubing method CFOP will come up.
4. The transition to roux is not as hard as you say but this is the one point where I think you are partly correct.
5. Roux has less algorithms you cannot argue with this, this is objective fact, your argument is that you don't need all the algs but even with 2look versions of the methods Roux uses less algs. I honestly have no idea how you believe that CFOP is Equal in alg count.

please try and dispute this/explain you thought process as I don't understand how you thought of some of these especially the last point.
CFOP REQUIRES absolutely ZERO new algorithms if you learned the method from Rubiks.com. You only need 3 or 4 to improve your time by about 10 seconds. But full OLL and PLL is more algs than full CMLL and LSE.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah big arguments on here are started about CFOP Vs. Roux. I am sub 9 with CFOP (with a sub 8 official average.) I recommend using that and I second my brothers claims to a certain extent. (except that he is sub 10.) Also, CFOP is MUCH better for big cubes if you think you'll get interested in those.
I actually am sub 10 bro... u live in the same house as me ask me to show u I will bro.

Etotheipi

I don't think you can really say whether Roux or CFOP is better on a whole, as most of the parameters of what makes a good method vary from person to person. And Roux is definitely at least equal to CFOP, as Sean has an official average that is only 0.45 seconds away from Felik's world record, and Felik's has been cubing for almost as long as Sean has been alive. But, in my opinion, it doesn't matter which method you choose when transitioning from the beginner's method, if there is a speed block on either method, it is Sub-WR, way farther down the line than most cubers will get, both methods can get you Sub-10 and beyond, so choose the funner one. As for learning curves, CFOP is definetly easier than Roux for some parts, as last layer transitions from the beginers method, but I would say blocks are easier to learn than F2L, if presented in the proper way. But neither method requires a college degree in group theory, and you could learn either if you put enough effort into it. When I switched to Roux I wasn't thinking about whether the new method would make me faster, it just seemed more interesting and fun, so I went with it. (End of opinionated speech)

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think you can really say whether Roux or CFOP is better on a whole, as most of the parameters of what makes a good method vary from person to person. And Roux is definitely at least equal to CFOP, as Sean has an official average that is only 0.45 seconds away from Felik's world record, and Felik's has been cubing for almost as long as Sean has been alive. But, in my opinion, it doesn't matter which method you choose when transitioning from the beginner's method, if there is a speed block on either method, it is Sub-WR, way farther down the line than most cubers will get, both methods can get you Sub-10 and beyond, so choose the funner one. As for learning curves, CFOP is definetly easier than Roux for some parts, as last layer transitions from the beginers method, but I would say blocks are easier to learn than F2L, if presented in the proper way. But neither method requires a college degree in group theory, and you could learn either if you put enough effort into it. When I switched to Roux I wasn't thinking about whether the new method would make me faster, it just seemed more interesting and fun, so I went with it. (End of opinionated speech)
Well, it's on my bucket list of things to do to give Roux a good try and see how I like it. I doubt I'll actually switch but I kind of want to try it.

Mischiiii

Always funny to see everyone suggesting to look into their 3x3 method :D. Feel like the method you use and the brand you prefer relates pretty mich to people preferring different football teams :D.

welcome to the community ! 40 sec is pretty good for only Beginner method.