• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi Guys (And Gals)

Jude The Dude

Hi Guys (And Gals), I'm Jude by the way, and my best for the 3x3 is 31 seconds. So close to sub 30. I actually don't have a speed cube, i have an off brand mediocre cube. I use CFOP and I'm working on a CFOP website guide. I'll post when it comes out.

Hope to talk to ya,

Jude the Dude

Jude The Dude

I can do 2x2 (14 single), 4x4 (4:04 single) and megaminx (~ 7:00 single). I'm looking into buying a 5x5 and speed cube. I'm thinking Moyu Analog 3x3 and D-FantiX Cyclone 5x5. Let me know if you have had experience with those. I've never done any event in competition, but I plan to when i get around 25 single for 3x3. My guide will be about CFOP
(Cross, F2L, OLL, and PLL) as well as finger tricks and some other tips as the website advances. My planning so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNldFJ8KTA3Uqkw99p75sBn7XR3oxH_t4Y7c_iUo1lU/edit?usp=sharing.

Cya,

Jude the Dude

FireCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can do 2x2 (14 single), 4x4 (4:04 single) and megaminx (~ 7:00 single). I'm looking into buying a 5x5 and speed cube. I'm thinking Moyu Analog 3x3 and D-FantiX Cyclone 5x5. Let me know if you have had experience with those. I've never done any event in competition, but I plan to when i get around 25 single for 3x3. My guide will be about CFOP
(Cross, F2L, OLL, and PLL) as well as finger tricks and some other tips as the website advances. My planning so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNldFJ8KTA3Uqkw99p75sBn7XR3oxH_t4Y7c_iUo1lU/edit?usp=sharing.

Cya,

Jude the Dude

Cool! Thats a great plan.

Have you ever thought about learning pyraminx? It is a VERY fun event!

LightFlame_

The Andromeda Galaxy (Over The Garden Wall)
WCA
2016OCAE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually don't have a speed cube, i have an off brand mediocre cube.
buy an mf3rs. i haven't tried it (i would recommend a dayan zhanchi) but people say its super good (for a cheap price).
even without its cheap price, they say its an amazing cube (4.6/5 reviewed 175 tiems by different people including lucas etter)

also, a moyu analog doesnt exist

I've never done any event in competition, but I plan to when i get around 25 single for 3x3.
i cannot stress this enough. go to a competition regardless of what time you average. it is super fun and you meet a lot of cool people that enjoy doing the same thing as you.

Last edited:
Hi Guys (And Gals), I'm Jude by the way, and my best for the 3x3 is 31 seconds. So close to sub 30. I actually don't have a speed cube, i have an off brand mediocre cube. I use CFOP and I'm working on a CFOP website guide. I'll post when it comes out.

Hope to talk to ya,

Jude the Dude
Because the Aplong is a somewhat expensive cube, and would be quite a fast cube for someone around 30 second averages, I suggest picking up the Thunderclap v1. It a cheaper alternative which can be used as a decent cube (around 15-45 seconds) or a fast cube (9-15 seconds). It’s is around 9 dollars on certain cubing websites and can be quite useful for you in your quest to sub 30. Trust me, I was there a couple years ago. I was using a Shengshou wind to sub 20. It wasn’t bad, but it was better with a thunderclap. You can grab whatever cube you want but I’m saying that it would be a great idea to get the thunderclap v1. Thank you and welcome to the community!

FireCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
First I have to buy one... Do you have any recommendations?

- Jude the Dude

Yes, I would definitely buy the X-Man Bell Pyraminx for $11.99 at CubeDepotUSA. You might think you can get away with just the cheap Moyu, but no, the X-Man is the best out there right now and is awesome for all cubers.

Hope this helps!

Jude The Dude

Because the Aplong is a somewhat expensive cube, and would be quite a fast cube for someone around 30 second averages, I suggest picking up the Thunderclap v1. It a cheaper alternative which can be used as a decent cube (around 15-45 seconds) or a fast cube (9-15 seconds). It’s is around 9 dollars on certain cubing websites and can be quite useful for you in your quest to sub 30. Trust me, I was there a couple years ago. I was using a Shengshou wind to sub 20. It wasn’t bad, but it was better with a thunderclap. You can grab whatever cube you want but I’m saying that it would be a great idea to get the thunderclap v1. Thank you and welcome to the community!

I looked it up and there is also a thunderclap v2. Which one should I get?

Thank you FireCuber, I will get the X-Man.

Thanks for the recs! - Jude the Dude

Duncan Bannon

The thunderclap v1 is widely considered better than the v2.

However personally I wouldn't get a thunderclap. I would recommend a Yuxin little magic (preferably the magnetic version) or the Mf3rs2 (again preferably the magnetic version). I've also heard great things about the MGC and the Shengshou Mr. M.

Personally I think these are better options.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
First off (and a little late) but welcome to the forums. It is nice to have you here as part of the cubing community.

Where do you find the big list of competitions? I'm planning to go to a competition as soon as there is one nearby.
Here is the list of all upcoming competitions in the world. You can also find past competitions: https://www.worldcubeassociation.or...rs&from_date=&to_date=&delegate=&display=list

I hope that you find a competition close to you and that you have a great time at the competition. They are a lot of fun to go to, and you will meet many great people as well.