• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi everyone

I have been cubing for about six years. I have always loved puzzles and challenges so that is how I got into cubing. I can currently solve the 2x2x2, 3x3x3, and up to the 7x7x7, the Skewb, the Pyraminx, the void cube, and some shape mods such as a pink 3x3x3 heart. My PB on a 3x3 is 35.577 seconds and I am consistent in getting sub-50 solves. I have been stuck on the beginner method since I was ten so in the past few weeks, I have been introducing myself to CFOP. I know 5 PLL cases already (Ua, Ub, H, Z, and Jb which for me were the easiest when I was going through the algorithms) but I am kind of stuck. Any suggestions on which order to learn them in? Thank you for your input.

Last edited:

a1phacrunch

I have been cubing for about six years. I have always loved puzzles and challenges so that is how I got into cubing. I can currently solve the 2x2x2, 3x3x3, and up to the 7x7x7, the Skewb, the Pyraminx, the void cube, and some shape mods such as a pink 3x3x3 heart. My PB on a 3x3 is 35.577 seconds and I am consistent in getting sub-50 solves. I have been stuck on the beginner method since I was ten so in the past few weeks, I have been introducing myself to CFOP. I know 5 PLL cases already (Ua, Ub, H, Z, and Jb which for me were the easiest when I was going through the algorithms) but I am kind of stuck. Any suggestions on which order to learn them in? Thank you for your input.
Maybe learn both A perms, T perm, R perms, Y perm, V perm for now. Tbh, order doesn't rlly matter; just learn the ones that you keep getting in regular solves. G perms are kind of common (at least for me) but kind of hard to execute well-maybe save those for last? On the other hand, N perms are kind of difficult/annoying, but they aren't too common.

Reactions: LBr
Maybe learn both A perms, T perm, R perms, Y perm, V perm for now. Tbh, order doesn't rlly matter; just learn the ones that you keep getting in regular solves. G perms are kind of common (at least for me) but kind of hard to execute well-maybe save those for last? On the other hand, N perms are kind of difficult/annoying, but they aren't too common.
Thank you. This helps a lot.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
My new PB is 31.385 seconds!
Brilliant!
I would suggest making a progression thread (there is an entire subforum for it), where you can keep track of all your PBs and info about what you're doing to improve, and ask for any advice.
Most (active) people on this forum have progression threads, and it's always nice to see someone's cubing journey.

As for PLLs, order really doesn't matter much, just go with what you're most comfortable with in memorising or recognising.
A tip for G perms: recognition may seem like a huge headache if you've ever looked at the arrow diagram, but you can easily discern them by looking at where the 1x1x2 block is in relation to the "headlights" (the 2 stickers on the corners that are both the same colour and facing the same way).
And for N perms, ensure you're using consistent algs, as the fact that they barely ever come up in solves means you naturally practice them less.
I would also suggest using a PLL trainer (such as bestsiteever.ru/pll/ or the one at jperm.net) which allows you to drill your recognition and execution.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I would also recommend (if you haven't already) learning 2 look OLL, as it's relatively low effort and will stop you spamming sunes