• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hi everyone

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everybody, I'm new to these forums.
I have been browsing them for a while and decided to make an account.
I have been cubing for about 3.5 months or so, and I average sub-20 (17 or 18, mostly) but I'm not as consistent as I would like to be (my F2L is not sub-10 yet.) My personal best is 12.81 seconds (OLL Skip, easy F2L)

anyway, I am interested in things like basketball, football, paintball guns, friends, gaming, and obviously cubing! :D

I know lots of awesome speedcubers use this forum like Dan Cohen, Feliks Zemdegs (Fazrulz?), Rowe Hessler, David Woner, Erik Akkersdijk, Anthony Searle, and wayyyyy more.

I would like to contribute as much to this forum as possible, and not be useless.

Also - my first competition should be on Saturday. Carnegie Mellon Fall 2009. I'm excited. :D

Who else is going?

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
Welcome to the forums!
I live 25 minutes from CMU but I can't go because my grades have been total "crap", I don't think so but my parents do so they aren't letting me go. You are pretty good for the short time you have been cubing. We also share an interest in paintball (please say you like woods not air/speed).

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the forums!
I live 25 minutes from CMU but I can't go because my grades have been total "crap", I don't think so but my parents do so they aren't letting me go. You are pretty good for the short time you have been cubing. We also share an interest in paintball (please say you like woods not air/speed).

I do like woods!
I just got some slider shorts with a kevlar crotch and like them very much.
You know why. Heh heh.

anyway, yeah -
I saw the thread about your Latin grade.
I'm not looking forward to Latin next year - oh well.
Hopefully you can come.

Chuberchuckee

Blimey, sub-20 in 3.5 months?* Great progression. Looking to make the world record I see, aye? It must be lonely speedcubing in West Virginia.

*(I got to sub-25 in 3 months then lost interest until now. Darn, how I now wish I could have been like you as you are now.)

Rentlix

WCA
2009BECK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My first post! Even though I've had this account for quite a bit.

I would say welcome in that case... but I'm not sure it's relevant.

I'm not going, as I'm in the US in an area with just 2 competitions a year... I wish I could go!

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Blimey, sub-20 in 3.5 months?* Great progression. Looking to make the world record I see, aye? It must be lonely speedcubing in West Virginia.

*(I got to sub-25 in 3 months then lost interest until now. Darn, how I now wish I could have been like you as you are now.)

It sure is. I know of no other cubers at all that live here.
Thank you! Your progression seems pretty great too...it's too bad that you lost interest.

A world record would be great, but...
that's a looooong way away. By the time I can get sub-7 at a competition, the world record will be sub-6. :p

JL58

:eek: You do that after 3 months??? Congrats!
Embarrassing to see that after years of effort I still have not broken 20. I'm thinking on taking on bridge or chess...

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stop, just stop.