• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Heya Everyone! I'm new here! Sub-50 cuber! Personal best - 19.27 Wanna get better at 3x3 and Megaminx!

Chinmay47

I bought a Standard Rubik's brand 3x3 in 2017. After it came, I really saw some downfall in my studies and results. So I taped the whole thing and kept it in the locker vowing to never touch it. In 2018, I couldn't contain myself and I opened it back again! I cleaned the tape's residue and lubed it with a bit of Machine oil to make it smooth.:D:D

Since then I've been playing around with it and its been almost 2 years that I've been learning speedcubing. I started with the Beginner method, then learnt a variant of it, easily got to F2L, learnt a bit of OLL and finally very reluctantly learnt the PLL. Its surprising that after using the same cube for 2 years, the cube has adapted to me! It has Line to Line corner cutting, and reverse corner cutting of about half a cubie. And I didn't make even the slightest adjustment in it! Now I usually solve it 70 times a day with all Sub-50 times. I am damn sure that I can perform better with an actual speedcube like MGC Elite or the GAN 356 SM. And even if not that much, I can still do well with some budget cube like Yuxin Black Kylin V2 M or the MF3RS3.:cool::cool:

But I still hope to get better at my times and skills...:confused: :?:confused: :?

To share my knowledge with my friends and the world, I recently wrote 5 blogs showing the process of how I solve the 3x3 efficiently and quickly. Refer to chinmay47.home.blog for the same. I even learnt how to solve all WCA puzzles except my nightmare, the Square-1! I currently own the Rubik's brand 3x3, Rubik's brand 2x2, Shengshou Megaminx, Shengshou Pyraminx and A QiYi QiCheng A Skewb. I'm a fan of Magnetic cubes and hope to get the YuXin Black Kylin V2 M next.:cool:

I've basically jumped on to this site to get better at big cubes, learn the Square-1, and particularly, get faster at the 3x3. I am open to all kinds of critiques and suggestions, if not for everything, then at least for speedcubing. I've never attended any cubing comp so far and I really wanna know how it feels to be in a comp. So if any cuber here has a nice experience about the same then do care to share the same with me. Hope everyone here helps me out with the same!:D:D

I bought a Standard Rubik's brand 3x3 in 2017. After it came, I really saw some downfall in my studies and results. So I taped the whole thing and kept it in the locker vowing to never touch it. In 2018, I couldn't contain myself and I opened it back again! I cleaned the tape's residue and lubed it with a bit of Machine oil to make it smooth.:D:D

Since then I've been playing around with it and its been almost 2 years that I've been learning speedcubing. I started with the Beginner method, then learnt a variant of it, easily got to F2L, learnt a bit of OLL and finally very reluctantly learnt the PLL. Its surprising that after using the same cube for 2 years, the cube has adapted to me! It has Line to Line corner cutting, and reverse corner cutting of about half a cubie. And I didn't make even the slightest adjustment in it! Now I usually solve it 70 times a day with all Sub-50 times. I am damn sure that I can perform better with an actual speedcube like MGC Elite or the GAN 356 SM. And even if not that much, I can still do well with some budget cube like Yuxin Black Kylin V2 M or the MF3RS3.:cool::cool:

But I still hope to get better at my times and skills...:confused: :?:confused: :?

To share my knowledge with my friends and the world, I recently wrote 5 blogs showing the process of how I solve the 3x3 efficiently and quickly. Refer to chinmay47.home.blog for the same. I even learnt how to solve all WCA puzzles except my nightmare, the Square-1! I currently own the Rubik's brand 3x3, Rubik's brand 2x2, Shengshou Megaminx, Shengshou Pyraminx and A QiYi QiCheng A Skewb. I'm a fan of Magnetic cubes and hope to get the YuXin Black Kylin V2 M next.:cool:

I've basically jumped on to this site to get better at big cubes, learn the Square-1, and particularly, get faster at the 3x3. I am open to all kinds of critiques and suggestions, if not for everything, then at least for speedcubing. I've never attended any cubing comp so far and I really wanna know how it feels to be in a comp. So if any cuber here has a nice experience about the same then do care to share the same with me. Hope everyone here helps me out with the same!:D:D

Welcome! you don't actually need a very good cube above sub-13, and you are sub-50, I used my YLM until I am sub-15.

What budget cube would you recommend me for getting at least sub-20. I will particularly appreciate it if its stickerless!
Definitely the Yuxin Little Magic M, but their feel are a bit weird if stickerless, but if you really want stickerless, buy the Yuxin Black Kylin V2 M stickerless version or the MF3RS3M, from what I heard, they are both excellent cubes.

Chinmay47

Definitely the Yuxin Little Magic M, but their feel are a bit weird if stickerless, but if you really want stickerless, by the Yuxin Black Kylin V2 M stickerless version or the MF3RS3M, from what I heard, they are both excellent cubes.
Check my intro! I am also planning to buy exactly both of these! Thanks for your suggestion!

Timoth3

Basically, to become sub 40 and sub 30 all you need to do is to stop thinking during your solves. You should be able to do everything off of muscle memory which comes with practice. Also, less importantly, start to try and make efficient cross solutions and solve cross on bottom. You don’t have to be perfect right now but personally I wish I had done this earlier in my cubing journey. Welcome to the forums and I’ll be sure to check out your blogs!

Edit: the Kylin v2 m is a good choice, but think about the qiyi ms as well. People seem to really like it.

Edit 2: (I really should have read the WHOLE post before replying) Cubing comps are great. Well, probably not right now, but if you see a chance in the future, take it. Everybody is super nice and respectful even if they are twice as fast as you. At your first comp try to make friends as competing and cubing in general is more fun when you know people. Also, depending on where you live you might be able to find someone in the forums going to the same comp as you, so if you ever plan on going to one check and see if anyone else here is going.

Last edited: