• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hey yall

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
About 5 months IDK

Cool! Do you use CFOP? Also you can quote multiple things in one post, so that you don't make a bunch of posts in a row, like this:

KW24 here.
I am a little artist, memer, and cuber. I average about 35 seconds on 3x3 and I want to get faster at that and get good cubes.

Welcome!

I do Pyraminx, Skewb, Megaminx, and blind (Never got a blind success). Other events I want to do but not have a cube for is 4x4, 5x5, and 2x2.

Oh that's cool, have you gotten close to a blind success?

KW24

Cool! Do you use CFOP? Also you can quote multiple things in one post, so that you don't make a bunch of posts in a row, like this:

Welcome!

Oh that's cool, have you gotten close to a blind success?

I personally use CFOP. I just finished learning full PLL and now I want to just practice a lot until I am ready for full OLL. The second question is kinda hard to answer. I barely do many attempts so my closest is I think is one where I snuff up my edges (I use OP) and got memo wrong because I did not know if I should do parity. Other than that I got a successful corners only solve so that's something.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I personally use CFOP. I just finished learning full PLL and now I want to just practice a lot until I am ready for full OLL. The second question is kinda hard to answer. I barely do many attempts so my closest is I think is one where I snuff up my edges (I use OP) and got memo wrong because I did not know if I should do parity. Other than that I got a successful corners only solve so that's something.

If you're having trouble with memo, try just solving a 2x2 blindfolded. The memo length is the same as corners, and you can solve it exactly the same as the corners on a 3x3. It also gives you that satisfaction of a solved cube, instead of solved corners on a 3x3. Then you could try 2 cube 2x2MBLD, as it's about 2/3 the memo of a 3x3. Then when you're comfortable with those you could go for a full 3x3. That's what I did to work on my memo. Also, as long as you always use letter pairs, you know if you have parity if you have half a pair

KW24

If you're having trouble with memo, try just solving a 2x2 blindfolded. The memo length is the same as corners, and you can solve it exactly the same as the corners on a 3x3. It also gives you that satisfaction of a solved cube, instead of solved corners on a 3x3. Then you could try 2 cube 2x2MBLD, as it's about 2/3 the memo of a 3x3. Then when you're comfortable with those you could go for a full 3x3. That's what I did to work on my memo. Also, as long as you always use letter pairs, you know if you have parity if you have half a pair
That memo has odd for corners but even for edges. I knew I did memo wrong maybe a flipped edge or twisted corner IDK.