• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hey There Everyone!

jarthur36

Hey there, I'm jarthur36 and I'm new to this forum.

About Me:
First a bit about myself. I'm a 17 year old guy from england, I'm currently at college studying computer science and further mathematics (alongside some science modules) and I'm pretty much a standard nerd. I play PC games from time to time ranging from DotA to CoD to WoW but spend the rest of my time just browsing youtube, 9gag and facebook in search of entertainment.

My Cubing History:
I first learnt to solve the 3x3 rubik's cube maybe 4 years ago when I found one in my room and realised that It had never been solved. After a bit of initial practice learning the beginners method algs, i was able to average 3 minutes (This cube was aweful!). I then took a break, happy with the knowledge that if anyone gave me a cube, i could do it for them. Maybe a month ago i met some friends at chess club at my college who could also solve the cube. They however were much faster and had some other interesting shaped puzzles too. One of these guys even has the world record for a 2x2 followed by a pyraminx. This got me thinking, "How fast could I solve this thing". So i got thinking, learnt CFOP with 4LLL and practiced away. After maybe 3 weeks I now Average just over 1 minute on the 3x3, mainly due to my poor F2L. I also love the 2x2 cube due to its portability and the fact that everyone thinks its easy until you let them have a go before solving it before their eyes in seconds as soon as they give up. I average 10 seconds on the 2x2 At the moment using full ortega. I am looking to go to some tornaments as soon as i can find any and i feel I'm fast enough.

Bests:
3x3:
3of5 - 1:06
Single - 0:46

2x2:
Average - 10.63
Single - 5.25

My Cubes:
2X2:
-Dayan
-Fangshi ShiShuang

3x3:
-Stickerless Dayan Guhong
-Dayan Zanchi
-Dayan Guhong
-Shengshou v1

4x4:
-Shengshou v1

5x5:
-Shengshou v1

Others:
-Shengshou Pyraminx
-Shengshou Megaminx

Sorry for the long post, I look forwards to meeting all of you.

jarthur36

Gunnar Krig?

he isn't in England? Maybe it was an unofficial wr for doing them both right next to each other, despite not holding the wr for either, just to brag about it.
Tbh, I don't even know this guys name. He definitly has an official world record, I've seen the certificate myself. It was a record that had not been officially recorded before, all he had to do was pay £25 for adjudication and then sit there and solve them. It was a 2x2 and then a Pyraminx immediatly afterwards. His time was something stupid like 12 seconds so most of you guys could probably beat him. Anyway, Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.