• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hey, Pay Attention To This Ad [Western Union Cube Promo]

mDiPalma

I don't believe people who posted in this thread.

I watched the video myself and could not tell the sounds didn't match. I asked a few of my friends to watch the video (all cubers), and every one of them admitted that "the sounds match the cube turning."

There is no way on God's green earth that a non-cuber could identify this inconsistency.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Perhaps, but we're a bunch of cubers! The audio has quick successions of turns that don't always match what you'd expect to hear while watching some of the turns made in the video.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
The audio and video do not match at all. I suspect he did a few solves and they combined that audio. Until the last shot, he appeared to be doing random turns/algs. If you notice, the sounds of the "writing utensil" are obviously that of a pencil, but you can see that he is using a pen. This is pretty much standard practice for a commercial. I would like to have seen a "real" solve instead of the random turns. But seriously... I imagine it would be crazy hard to fill out a form while solving.

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
The audio and video do not match at all. I suspect he did a few solves and they combined that audio. Until the last shot, he appeared to be doing random turns/algs. If you notice, the sounds of the "writing utensil" are obviously that of a pencil, but you can see that he is using a pen. This is pretty much standard practice for a commercial. I would like to have seen a "real" solve instead of the random turns. But seriously... I imagine it would be crazy hard to fill out a form while solving.

what about a video like in the VW commercial, watch the video first b4 clicking the spoilr
can you tell the actor's hand is edited in, and is it the same person
can you tell if the pen is modded (modified to be made easier to spin by making it longer/heavier)

Last edited by a moderator:

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what about a video like in the VW commercial, watch the video first b4 clicking the spoilr
can you tell the actor's hand is edited in, and is it the same person
can you tell if the pen is modded (modified to be made easier to spin by making it longer/heavier)
[video]

1) Nope, but I suspected so.
2) Nope. You can tell during the car shot when he it stops spinning, but I didn't really make note of that until after seeing the questions.

Forte

WCA
2009SHIN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't believe people who posted in this thread.

I watched the video myself and could not tell the sounds didn't match. I asked a few of my friends to watch the video (all cubers), and every one of them admitted that "the sounds match the cube turning."

There is no way on God's green earth that a non-cuber could identify this inconsistency.

Also the fact that he made a thread about the video probably means there's something up with it lol