• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hey everyone, new member here!

soccerdude2

New member here, I'm getting familiar to this site a little.

I started speedcubing about a month or two ago. I learned Fridrich about a week ago using intuitive F2L, and 2-look OLL and PLL. My best solve is a 45 something, but I could probably beat that now, except that right now I'm working on getting a very fast cross using as little moves as possible while still executing the moves quickly. I'm thinking about eventually learning some algs for F2L special cases as well as one look PLL. One-look OLL is long way down the road though...

I purchased a stickerless Dayan Zhanchi cube awhile ago and I really like it. It's corner-cutting is fabulous and I love the stickerless part as well. I also can kind of solve a 4x4 except I haven't remember the parody algs yet.

I love soccer, running, and speedcubing! :tu

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! Do you have any other hobbies (chess etc.)? Also, why don't you try 2x2?

And just a correction, you put parody instead of parity.

soccerdude2

Do you have any other hobbies (chess etc.)? Also, why don't you try 2x2?

Well about chess I used to play it but not much anymore. Um.... I like gaming a little, also I lot of other sports like basketball, football, etc.

I don't try 2x2 because as well I'm too lazy to learn the parities ;)

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't try 2x2 because as well I'm too lazy to learn the parities ;)

There's no parity on the 2x2... It can be solved like the corners of a 3x3, so of you can solve a 3x3, you can solve a 2x2. Perhaps you meant that you were too lazy to learn a 2x2 method?

Welcome to the forum btw.

soccerdude2

There's no parity on the 2x2... It can be solved like the corners of a 3x3, so of you can solve a 3x3, you can solve a 2x2. Perhaps you meant that you were too lazy to learn a 2x2 method?

Well when I solve it with beginners sometimes two of the corners are solved and the corner algorithm doesn't work. I used to define it as a parity, although someone (not you) just recently explained to me that it's not... so... :fp

But I'm also too lazy. I'll stay with 3x3 for a little while.

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well when I solve it with beginners sometimes two of the corners are solved and the corner algorithm doesn't work. I used to define it as a parity, although someone (not you) just recently explained to me that it's not... so... :fp

But I'm also too lazy. I'll stay with 3x3 for a little while.

2x2 is one of the easiest puzzles to solve. Ortega is what you should learn first - it's easy and can be very fast.

Reprobate

Welcome! 2x2 isn't so bad. Ortega is only 13 total algs, I believe, and some carry over to 3x3, if you decide to learn PLL.

the 4x4 parity algs aren't too bad either. One is kind of long, but you have to use it so often on big cubes it becomes second nature. I gave myself extra practice by using the parity alg to flip all my edges on the last layer. If you're doing it 2 or 3 times per solve for a few dozen solves, I guarantee you'll have it down.

soccerdude2

Thanks for all the welcoming everyone.

2x2 is one of the easiest puzzles to solve. Ortega is what you should learn first - it's easy and can be very fast.

I think I'll try learning it soon when I have a bunch of time and nothing to do with it.

Ortega is only 13 total algs, I believe, and some carry over to 3x3, if you decide to learn PLL.

Do you mean full PLL? I use two-look PLL right now.

the 4x4 parity algs aren't too bad either. One is kind of long, but you have to use it so often on big cubes it becomes second nature. I gave myself extra practice by using the parity alg to flip all my edges on the last layer. If you're doing it 2 or 3 times per solve for a few dozen solves, I guarantee you'll have it down.

Yeah some algs can be intimidating at first but I've realized you just have to practice and try to do it as much as you can without bailing yourself out and checking your algorithm sheet.

Last edited: