• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hello~

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm new here (of course, I signed up today) but I've been cubing for around 7 months. I memorised the beginners' method in 2 days and thought a goal of being able to get averages of under 30 seconds would be a more challenging task (y'know how everyone initially thinks that a rubik's cube is near impossible etc.).

Right now, I use Fridrich F2L, 2 look OLL and one look PLL- I've noticed how to do some OLL cases in one step but I haven't learned any one look OLL algs yet.
I own 2 cheap cubes from "the works" store (I'm from the UK), a Shengshou 3x3 (glow in the dark), Shengshou 4x4, Dayan Gu Hong, Sheng en type FII (I think). all of my cubes are currently stock condition; not even lubed, the only modification I've ever done is tightening my Shengshou 3x3 to stop it from popping. I use the Gu Hong as my main speed cube and can average around 36 seconds with it- and any time between 40 and 50 seconds with the other cubes. For the record, at the time of writing this, my fastest non-lucky single solve is 33.08 seconds.

I would love to chat to any cubers who are around my skill level, or any who are above with wisdom to share, or even any below who need advice (I may have limited experience, but I tend to absorb new information quickly). Any cubers from the UK, I'd especially like to chat to.

~ZincK

NathanG

WCA
2011GONZ01
I'm in the exact situation as you, man. I made my account yesterday and I average around 30 seconds as well. I memorized full PLL but not OLL yet. My cube is lubricated so I've been able to reach 24.06 seconds as my personal record. I'll chat with you if you'd like but I probably wouldn't have much advice to give that you wouldn't already know.

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@NathanG What cube do you use? and what did you use to lubricate it? because I used vaseline (petroleum jelly) on my first ever cube and all it did was clog it up and slow me down.
@flan thanks C: I've actually never met a UK cuber who isn't using the pogobat beginner method or getting consistently under a minute, which is probably why I'm so interested in UK cubers; it's nice to have someone fairly local who you can relate to.

NathanG

WCA
2011GONZ01
I'm from the US. On my cube I use petroleum jelly as well. Except I only put a little bit and make sure that it doesn't get dirt or hair in it. I guess I don't really know what kind of cube it is. Just a regular Rubik's brand one.

flan

Premium Member
WCA
2010REES03
I know how you feel! You should seriously come to a UK competition. One I think march 12 is in Bournemouth which is close to bristol and I think there will be another in the easter holidays actually in bristol. They are really good fun :D And almost all people there dont pogobat it :p

Last edited:

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahh, I think the only time I've ever known petroleum jelly to be beneficial is with official Rubik's brands- my girlfriend's brother has one, I've never owned a Rubik's myself. My plan is to take my cheap cubes and try to make them good- one of them needs re-stickering, but I'm gonna use tiles or lego bricks (ohyes~) for it; another one needs re-tensioning and re-lubricating, I'm gonna try silicone on that one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
psj2612 Member Introductions 13