• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from France

speed2033

Hello everyone, after years of apprehension or waiting for lack of another priority, I am finally taking the time to learn to solve the cube intuitively (applying algorithms by heart without understanding them does not interest me ). I am learning the Heise method and I am also reading the BH method to learn how to build commutators.

Last edited:

speed2033

Thanks BenChristman1. Well, of course, I already use the beginner's method when I get the cube (the official with cross construction and ready-made algorithms). But I found it really absurd to apply algorithms "whitout thinking". So I stopped. Until I decide to dive back into it seriously. And then I discovered the Heise method which is perfect for me :D.. so far ;).

speed2033

Thanks abunickabhi !

@rubik2005 : Thank ! Well, using the Heise method, I'm on the "solving two corners" step that uses commutators. I'm able to understand 3-cycle for positionning 3 corners, but not yeat for orienting them properly. That's why I read BH method that gives more details than Heise on this point. During all this, I try to write what I learn and plan to share that to others beginners when I'm done. But for now I write it in french...

Hello everyone, after years of apprehension or waiting for lack of another priority, I am finally taking the time to learn to solve the cube intuitively (applying algorithms by heart without understanding them does not interest me ). I am learning the Heise method and I am also reading the BH method to learn how to build commutators.
Tu es vraiment courageux. J'essaye encore et encore de comprendre la méthode Heise, mais c'est tellement compliqué... Si tu crées un tuto, ça m'encouragera à l'apprendre!

speed2033

Tu es vraiment courageux. J'essaye encore et encore de comprendre la méthode Heise, mais c'est tellement compliqué... Si tu crées un tuto, ça m'encouragera à l'apprendre!
C'est vrai que c'est compliqué. J'ai déjà commencé la rédaction de mon interprétation de sa méthode jusqu'à l'étape où j'en suis. Je pense qu'avec des explications plus longues et plus détaillées, ce sera plus compréhensible. Tout au moins pour l'approche n°1 (Edge approach, la plus facile) de l'étape 3. A mon avis, une fois que j'aurais compris comment bien conjuguer le cube pour lui appliquer le commutateur adéquat en fonction de l'orientation des coins, je devrais pouvoir m'en sortir ;) . Par contre ce sera un long tutoriel :D.

C'est vrai que c'est compliqué. J'ai déjà commencé la rédaction de mon interprétation de sa méthode jusqu'à l'étape où j'en suis. Je pense qu'avec des explications plus longues et plus détaillées, ce sera plus compréhensible. Tout au moins pour l'approche n°1 (Edge approach, la plus facile) de l'étape 3. A mon avis, une fois que j'aurais compris comment bien conjuguer le cube pour lui appliquer le commutateur adéquat en fonction de l'orientation des coins, je devrais pouvoir m'en sortir ;) . Par contre ce sera un long tutoriel :D.
Parfait! Ça ne me dérange pas du tout de lire des longs textes!