• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

hello folks!

Mira

Just saying hi :)
I am pretty sure I will use this forum mostly for research, as I am a fairly new cuber and just want to learn more.
It all started when I moved into to this silly huge house in november and did not have anything but matress on the floor and a rubik's cube for a good month.
Now I am hooked.
I also do flowart, and want to focus on solving a cube in a beautiful way rather than speedsolving. I'm solving it in 1-2 minutes one-handed now, 2-3 while hula-hooping. I do understand that I have to get my speed up, learn a whole lot of fingertricks and algorythms before I get anywhere near my goals on getting a cube to be a developed performers art, but I enjoy every step of it. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Excuse my poorly written English, it is not my first language.

-Mira

Mira

I am already exploring the wiki and FAQ, very handy!
My main language is norwegian and I do speak english everyday, my written language is not as good (get teazed a lot by my american and english friends, but I don't care, I speak more languages than them anyway, mwahaha!!)

Rune

Premium Member
WCA
2003WESS01
I am already exploring the wiki and FAQ, very handy!
My main language is norwegian and I do speak english everyday, my written language is not as good (get teazed a lot by my american and english friends, but I don't care, I speak more languages than them anyway, mwahaha!!)

Then you of course know the Swedish expression - "Gå med håven".

Mira

actually, I don't know that expression. Please explain?

And I feel just the oposite as you drewsopchak :) I can see both is handy

Mira

@Rune, whatever, I am not here to fish, I am here to get quicker with my cube.

@ThomasJE: I have noticed, and for now I only got the cube from toys r' us. I have worked it quite a lot, so it is smooth, but I am looking forward to get a new. I need to read more up on what cubes people are recomending before I buy. In general... I need to know more about cubes!

merryme

welcome,Mira. again I'll say your english is as good as ours, just feel free to speek it.

hcfong

WCA
2011FONG02
Hi Mira, welcome to the forum.

If you want to focus on solving the cube in a beautiful way rather than speedsolving, you might want to have a go at Fewest Moves. Instead of solving the cube as fast as possible, you'll get an hour to find the shortest solution. I think in terms of cubing beauty, that's as good as you'll get.

On a side note, I think a video of you cubing whilst hula hooping would be really cool :)

Mira

I feel free to speak, Marryme, it just has turned into a habit telling people to accept over my english :)

@hcfong, I think that is the best tip I have gotten so far. Thank you! Might share a video later, when I feel more confident about it all. Playing with the big boys now, hehehe.