• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hello everyone. New member from Chile :)

Dr0ckman

Hey, everyone! :) I'm a highschool student who's been solving puzzles for about a year now. Like the vast majority, I focus on the 3x3x3 cube, but I hope to learn to solve many more as money is available ;) Also, I solve using CFOP and my avg is 38 seconds when using a well lubed cube.
The only cube I own right now is a Dayan Guhong II which tends to pop A LOT so I'm looking forward to buying a Cyclone Boys 3x3x3 to see how good they are, would you recommend them?

I hope to have a nice time on the forums. Also, I apologize for any grammar mistakes; English is not my first language :p

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome!! I would recommend the Moyu Weilong or the Dayan Zhanchi. Both are a little more expensive, but are well worth the price! At your current speed, I would recommend the Dayan Zhanchi since the Weilong is a little fast...

Dr0ckman

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking for a cube which both moves fast and doesn't pop so easily. I know the Zhanchi is famous for not popping so much and being a good cube overall, but I've heard very good reviews about the Cyclone Boys even though it's cheap (It would cost about $12 USD in here). I've never tried the Weilong nor watched anybody solving one, does it pop too much? If it doesn't, I think I may give it a try :)

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
The Weilong never pops. However if you average 38 seconds it may be too fast for you. I average sub 35 and I can barely control it. Get a Dayan Zhanchi or a Fangshi Shuangren V2

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bienvenido! Hablo un poquito Español. Pero prefiero hablo en inglés.

I find it weird how a lot of people can't control their weilongs. I can and I average like 15-16 seconds. Maybe I overlubed or am using to thick lube.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use wt4 from thecubicle. I'm thinking about getting wt 2 for pieces though. That might speed it up some which will make me happy.
Thecubicle is quite expensive... also my only order from them so far wasn't great (one puzzle was the wrong colour, one missing washer found so far (I don't disassemble cubes often because I can't tension anything) and I had to pay £8-9 for something when it arrived in the country). Nobody else has had many problem from what I've read though, so I might try buying from them again. Plus they have cubes that I can't get anywhere else...

Dr0ckman

Many thanks for all of your answers :) I know a store where the clerk will let me test the cubes before buying; I think I'll decide based on that. However, I think I'll go for the Zhanchi. Thanks again!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average sub 26 and have no problem controlling my Weilong.... I don't even really understand what people mean by "uncontrollable" honestly, because I've never experienced it. It's not because I'm fast or anything, it just doesn't make sense to me.

WCA
2013ZWER01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The Weilong isn't hard for me to control either. I average 22-23 seconds and it was harder to control when I lubed it, but after it dried it isnt that hard to control. However I do find myself turning a lot faster than on a Shuangren or some other cube.