• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] HEEEYYYOOO

Hey! I'm Mike, I got into cubing about 2 months ago and my 3x3 global average is about 1:40 with my PB at 1:11.

I use F2L but do the LL with the beginners method. I am looking for some effective practice routines to learn the 2 Look OLL and 2 Look PLL algorithms.

Any suggestions?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn the 3 edge OLLs (fru r'u'f'), the 7 OCLLs (T, U, L, H, Pi, Sune, Anti-sune), 2 of the corner PLLs (J and Y), and EPLL (U, U, Z, H).
Those are the algs needed for good 4LL. You can get away with less, but then it's often much more than just 4LL.

demontoe

Hi Mike , welcome to the forums ! I might have just the tool you are looking for :cool: although the method is untried and untested :rolleyes:.
But recently I just finished writing a guide book that covers 2 look OLL and how to transition to the single look OLL as well. The guide doesn't include the 2 look PLL algs. tho :( as I already had most of the 21 PLL cases down by then. For now the guide is only available on ebay and you would be a bold pioneer to test this out. Here is the auction tho , https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reflections-on-Rubiks-Cube-by-Raventoe/323762239364 . I will also post a blurb on the accomplishment thread with some more info perhaps. peace and happy cubing !!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn the 3 edge OLLs (fru r'u'f'), the 7 OCLLs (T, U, L, H, Pi, Sune, Anti-sune), 2 of the corner PLLs (J and Y), and EPLL (U, U, Z, H).
Those are the algs needed for good 4LL. You can get away with less, but then it's often much more than just 4LL.
Algs for the cases.
Line, horizontal: F R U R' U' F'

L, mis oriented edges UF and UR: F U R U' R' F'

Dot: R U2 R2 F R F' U2 R' F R F'
T, solved corners on R: Rw U R' U' Rw' F R F'

U, headlights on B: R2 D' R U2 R' D R U2 R (can also use mirror for headlights on F: R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R')

L, one headlight on FUR and the other on LUB: R2 D R' U R D' R' U' R' (could also use inverse of T, one headlight in FUL and other on RUB: F R' F' Rw U R U' Rw')

H, headlights on F and B: R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'

Pi, headlights on L: R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R

Sune, solved corner in ULF and one headlight on F: R U R' U R U2 R'

Anti-Sune, solved corner in URB and one headlight on R: R U2 R' U' R U' R'
Jb, two swaped corners on R: R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' (could use T instead same corner position: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F')

Y, isolated corner in UFR: F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F'

Ua, bar on B and opposite edge on R: M2 U M U2 M' U M2 (can also use R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2)

Ub, bar on B and opposite edge on L: M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2 (can also use R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R')

H: M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2

Z, two swapped edges in UL and UF: M' U M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 (could also use M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M', swapped edges in UF and UR)
I probably should have put the algs there myself, but if you have any trouble with them, always go to alg.cubing.net for a beautiful simulator and paste the algorithm to see exactly what each one does.