• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Happy New Year! Also, ZBLL Algorithms

Update 9/3/2012: Please refer to this thread from now on: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?33745-Updated-ZBLL-Algorithms

Hi guys! Simon Swanson here, bringing you the fruits of my work on the Zborowski-Bruchem Last Layer, or ZBLL!

The current version is 2.57 (if anyone wants an old version I've saved the PDFs). This should be an error-free document, though some things may have slipped by. I've added many things since the first version and I highly recommend you download again. As I progress into learning ZBLL myself, the changes will come as I dismiss algs as being terrible.

ZBLL Algorithms.odt

ZBLL Algorithms.doc

ZBLL Algorithms.pdf

For those of you learning phasing, I've extracted those cases into a ZZLL Algorithms document. This document is just algorithms taking out of the ZBLL document. Current version 1.05.

ZZLL Algorithms.odt

ZZLL Algorithms.doc

ZZLL Algorithms.pdf

The .ODT and .DOC are if you want the chance to edit anything (highly encouraged). The .PDF is if you want to blindly follow what I say (also good). The .PDF is probably easier to read, but I really recommend the ability to edit the sheets.

This was a huge amount a work. But I will not lie: I took tons of shortcuts. However, I did make every single algorithm myself (though a few happen to be the same as Jason Baum's). I won't write much here becuase I ramble on in the sheets. I made every image myself (493 items) and every alg (480 items). I estimate 80 hours of rather inefficient work was put into these documents.

I would like to thank Cride5 in particular for spending large amounts of time helping correct any mistakes I had. And as a bonus, he so graciously put them all online. Thanks Cride5!
http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AlgDB?mode=view&view=default&puzzle=3&group=ZBLL-T

A few things to note:
1. False algorithms should have been fixed but I bet some have been missed. Keep an open mind when an alg just doesn't work.
2. Help with some of the algs would be greatly appreciated. Some of the ones I listed suck walnuts.
3. I like M slices. L' R becomes M x and R' L becomes M' x'. Fix it in your sheet or deal with it.

For those of you just starting the ZBLL path, here is a sheet for my COLL algorithms.

COLL Algorithms.pdf

COLL Algorithms in document form

Enjoy, you guys!

EDITS:
January 5th: got up version 1.01. Had a redundant algorithm in one of the H sets (thanks masterofthebass). Also put the PDF on Google for easier access (thanks PHPJaguar).

January 17th: trying to get everything onto Google. Download the document, remove the .pdf extension, and open as a .doc. If this works, I'll get everything off the annoying site and onto Google.

January 18th: Thanks to Cride5, every alg is now on the wiki. Great job! Link: http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AlgDB?mode=view&view=default&puzzle=3&group=ZBLL-T

January 18th: Also thanks to Cride5, huge update. Had several algs wrong and one whole page messed up. New version is 1.18, I believe.

February 2nd: Large Bump. After some updates on the wiki, I decided to update the documents again. A few minor errors were fixed and some different algorithms added to give some variety. I set the H1 COLL set to show the symmetry happening on many of the cases, but I decided to keep all 12 cases (8 are possible with some U2-ing). If you haven't downloaded any of the updated versions, you should do so now. I lost track of the changes and just decided to call this version 2.00, where there should be no mistakes. Also updated this post.

February 3rd: On request, put up a rather junky COLL sheet. I'll get working on that one soon...Also, would people enjoy VHF2L or ZBF2L? I don't wanna go full ZBF2L, but if enough people request it I could get it done in a month or so (I've got a lot of work right now).

May 18th: Finally got around to fixing some more minor mistakes and preferences. As I work through the algs I decided whether or not I like them. I don't think an optimal page will come out for a while, but I'll be steadily editing the speed-oriented version as I progress further into my quest for ZBLL.

August 28th: Decided to put up the ZZLL docs as well. Finally finished the H sets, both in learning and getting better algs. Shaped up the intro a tad, but otherwise not much is different. I'm at version 2.57 and I barely finished the smallest set. Wow.

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
YUSSSSSSSS

I think I'll learn some after I learn more of ZBF2L.
I'm still using mirrors for anti-sune. T_T

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
YOUR FORMATTING IS GORGEOUS.

However... it seems that we recognize Pi, sune, and anti-sune subsets differently. :d
But your way of recognizing Sune/Anti-sune is much better! 0:

And hahaha, I see what you mean about M slices, I too have a few M slice algs. (x

Last edited:
I think I'll tackle this immediately after COLL (and learn some easy cases).

I'll help you with that when I get back. Only 21 days away...

YUSSSSSSSS

I think I'll learn some after I learn more of ZBF2L.
I'm still using mirrors for anti-sune. T_T

I used mirrors for Anti-Sune as well. Like I noted, tons of shortcuts.

YOUR FORMATTING IS GORGEOUS.

However... it seems that we recognize Pi, sune, and anti-sune subsets differently. :d
And hahaha, I see what you mean about M slices, I too have a few M slice algs. (x

I couldn't deal with the weird recognition for Sune and Anti-Sune 3 months ago when I finished COLL, so I just made my own recognition system. I recommend the .odt file for you so you can edit whatever you want.

As for the formatting, I take pride in it. Seriously, though, I worked forever to get my PLL page looking good, then I had to do the same with my OLLs. But the COLL page was what really got me going. Thank you so much for the compliment. I really glad someone noticed.

Yeah, when I learned the Pi case in COLL, it was WAY different....
But heh, you can edit however you want!

That's the point! Wow, you guys are smart. Sorry about the lack of a .doc file, though...I just really don't wanna have to redo the pictures.

4 replies in 13 minutes. Not bad.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4 replies in 13 minutes. Not bad.

Remember, we're a forum.
I need to learn Some ZBF2L WAAAAY before I tackle this heap of algs.

EDIT:
"Congratulations! You just finished ZBLL possibly! More than likely however, you just
scanned through the pages and ended up here. Well, this is the end. Hope you enjoyed the
algorithms!"

frogmanson

why can't you recognize anti-sune via the block? how is it different, i don't understand D;

why can't you recognize anti-sune via the block? how is it different, i don't understand D;

By block, I'll assume you mean the oriented corner.

You can use this system if you want, but that would require looking left instead of right like normally, so you would slow down on any Anti-Sune case. If you want to look left, be my guest. This short paragraph sums up what I've written below.

Harris/Baum recognition makes you look at the FU and RU stickers and compare them to the FUR and RUF stickers, respectively (except in x cases). However, you must also recognize the COLL case. I personally recognize my Anti-Sune orientation with the oriented corner to UFL. This actually gives me 5 stickers to compare for my COLL recognition, but only 4 (actually 3, but why not use everything given to you?) are really needed. I actually tried to make the oriented case in UFR back in...September? but it just doesn't work. Several different COLL cases looked the same with that recognition, so I just went with the mirror of my Sune recognition.

Now, for the actual ZBLL recognition, you want to identify the edge cases without changing the position of your cube (from your COLL case). So I just made my own solution. You COULD look at LU and FU and compare them to FUL and LUF, respectively, but that would mean Anti-Sune would require extra thought mid-solve. So I decided that just using the same recognition as H would be just fine.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
not meaning to bump this, but you have an error on page 26 :p Your 3rd to last and 2nd to last cases are the same.

I replaced
U R U2 M' x' D' L2 U' L2 u L2 B'
with
U R2 U R2 y' R2 U' R U' R' U2 R U' R y R2 U' R2

Last edited:

PHPJaguar

I've uploaded the PDF to a server that won't blast ads in my face, bug me about their overpriced "subscription", make me wait an additional 20 seconds once I've refreshed the page enough times to get an empty slot, and then, to top it all off, give me the file at the slowest download speed possible, just me make me think about how much I want to upgrade.
[/rant]

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...2ItZjA5NS00MmQ1LWJlZTMtMmE4MGRiYTExOTI4&hl=en :)

Last edited:
not meaning to bump this, but you have an error on page 26 :p Your 3rd to last and 2nd to last cases are the same.

I replaced
with

Will look into it. Thanks for letting me know. For future reference, please state the edge permutation code. That makes it much easier to identify the case issues.

I've uploaded the PDF to a server that won't blast ads in my face, bug me about their overpriced "subscription", make me wait an additional 20 seconds once I've refreshed the page enough times to get an empty slot, and then, to top it all off, give me the file at the slowest download speed possible, just me make me think about how much I want to upgrade.
[/rant]

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...2ItZjA5NS00MmQ1LWJlZTMtMmE4MGRiYTExOTI4&hl=en :)

Wow that's great! I never could figure out how to use Google docs correctly or something because it never let me share anything. I'll get working and update the links soon.

EDIT: Wow. How the hell did you do that? I found the PDF in MY google docs page (shared, but on MY page). I can't even upload the files to Google. It loads all the way then displays: Unable to read file. I have always had to convert to .doc but then I have to reenter the pictures which is a pain.

Last edited:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I replaced
with

Will look into it. Thanks for letting me know. For future reference, please state the edge permutation code. That makes it much easier to identify the case issues.

My problem is that I changed all the codes before I tested the alg, so I don't now what your code was.

I replaced
with

My problem is that I changed all the codes before I tested the alg, so I don't now what your code was.

No problem. It's fixed now. I replaced the other alg and used a different fix but it's all fine. New version will be up in a minute or so (1.01).

xXzaKerXx

thanks for the hard work you did for all this algs. i was searching high and low all over the internet for ZBLLs but none were even complete, so just wanna say THANK YOU!!