• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Google Doodle Rubik's Cube

o2gulo

Have you guys checked out Google today? There's a new doodle that lets you solve a 3x3 cube. Pretty awesome stuff, though it lags for me most of the time so I haven't gotten yet good times. Makes me want to go back to cubing lol. What are your records?

Cm_Hu

WCA
2011HUXI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Today's Google Doodle is Rubik's Cube

I just found out that today(2014/5/19)'s google doodle is a solvable rubik's cube. You can solve it using keyboard(RUFBLD,shift) or just drag it(also on your phone).

After a few solve, i realize there is only ONE state, so i turn to Cube Explorer. The optimal solution is B R L' D2 B2 U' L F' U' B U D R B2 D F'(16f.White on the top and green on the front)

??.PNG

Attachments

• ??.PNG
    ??.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ajayd

This is so painfully difficult to control. As a whole, it's far less polished than what I have come to expect from Google.

scottpeterson

B R L' D2 B2 U' L F' U' B U D R B2 D F'(16f.White on the top and green on the front)

I wana ask what does L' means and how to use d2 or b2, also 16f? can u be clear on that.

Thanks in advance.

MWilson

B R L' D2 B2 U' L F' U' B U D R B2 D F'(16f.White on the top and green on the front)

I wana ask what does L' means and how to use d2 or b2, also 16f? can u be clear on that.

Thanks in advance.

L' is "L prime", which, in the context of turning faces on a cube, means turn the face counter clockwise 90 degrees instead of clockwise 90 degrees.

D2 and B2 are 180 degree turns. The capitals are important because a lower case letter means to do a wide turn, which means to include the middle layer in the turn. The move "r" is equivalent to "L" and an x rotation.

16f means that the solution is 16 turns using FTM, or "Face Turn Metric", also known as HTM[/HTM]

Zeotor

This is so painfully difficult to control.
I agree. I used the keyboard controls. It didn't help that the R key does R', F does F', and so on.

ZrKiGPH.png
I didn't use the shift key for turning in the opposite direction though. I didn't know that I could.

WCA
2012CHIE01
I agree. I used the keyboard controls. It didn't help that the R key does R', F does F', and so on.

I didn't use the shift key for turning in the opposite direction though. I didn't know that I could.

If you put caps lock (on your keyboard obvs), the moves are the normal direction (pressing r = R, shift+r = R').