• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Giant Ball Of Burning Gas: IS IT HAPPENING?

Is the "sun" really a giant ball of burning gas?

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
http://www.howstuffworks.com/sun.htm

The sun is composed of gas but it doesn't burn.

Everyone below this line gtfo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLASMA

LRN2PHYSICS

Interesting theory but again you can;t prove it without a sample of the plasma it's comprised of.

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
galileotrial.jpg

Zubon

I have some questions about this so called ball of gas "theory".

If the earth is revolving around it, why don't we fall into it? Looking at water going down my sink, I see that objects revolving always spiral into what they are revolving around!

If we are revolving around it, that means that it has to go "under" the earth. Have you ever been under the Earth? Everyone knows that you can't dig that deep!

How do you know there is a ball of gas? Were you there? No!

This is just the theory! You never hear people say things like the "fact of the ball of burning gas".

Everyone knows that if you have a ball of gas, (like smoke) it will not stay as a ball. It will disperse and eventually disappear. So if we are revolving around gas, what amazing force is holding it in a spherical shape?

Consider this "theory" debunked!

TehCuber

This hasn't been tangibly proven yet (for obvious reasons), but I believe there is enough evidence to assume the Sun is composed of gas.

This is very relevant to cubing btw LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.