• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gans 356 Air UM Problems?

AttackOnTitus

So, just about 2 weeks ago, I got a Gans UM in the mail. There was a little bit of problems with shipping so it took a while to ship. When I got it, it was so smooth, but did not look like it did on the reviews. It felt as though every turn is was sticking to something. It just felt sticky in general. I decided to change from purple GES springs to yellow, as I thought they were smoother, and more loose, but it felt just as sticky, as with purple GES springs. It was about a day later, I felt what it actually should feel like. Amazingness. But here's the weird thing.it was only on one side of the cube, and as soon as i messed up that side of the cube, that feeling left me, and I couldn't feel it again. I am really frustrated because this was an expensive cube, and I don't want it to not be as good as it can be. Can someone please help?

Abare Killer

Some sides just don't feel perfect and yes, my Air feels really sticky as well out of the box but breaking in would help make each side feel more even. Although after break in, it will still feel a bit sticky.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Did you clean it and lubricate it? If so, what lubricants did you use?
Aside from that, breaking it in is the best course, since cubes are always not quite what they should be out of the box.
Also, the purple is actually the loosest spring for the Air. In terms of tension, this is the order: Red>Orange>Clear>Yellow>Green>Blue>Purple

JonathanH

WCA
2011HAMS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've ind of got the same issue. Mine was ok out of the box, but trying to make it *my* cube has been difficult. I've probably spent eight hours changing GES nuts, lubing in different ways and whatever else I could think of. It has been acting weirdly. Sometimes it's really good, the magnets suddenly become really strong and the puzzle is hard to turn. I lube mine with traxxas 30k and DNM-37, and when adding DNM it feels so great, I can't feel the magnets that much anymore and the cube is perfect...for about 10 solves, after that it gets worse than it was. I have no idea what's going on, I guess I'll have to keep doing random **** until it stays good..