• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] Gan 356 Air SM

Aysha

WCA
2017JAMS01
I used the Gan Air SM as my main for around 3 months, but after breaking it in it started to get sluggish and I just couldn't get it back to it's original feeling and performance no matter how many times I cleaned it. I even stopped getting the same times I used to get with it. When comparing it to my other stock SM, the stock SM was much better!

Pros:
highly customizable to suit any turning style in terms of springs, very good corner cutting, almost no lockups
Cons: gets extremely sluggish after breaking in, doesn't respond well to lube

WCA
2017WENR01
It makes it slower and heavier.
I like cubes as fast and as light as possible, which is why I have Air S(not magnetic) with Purple springs loosened as much as possible.

Sheldon Rego

The Gan Air SM is a fast, fluid and smooth cube. It is highly customisable with the multiple spring sets that come with it.
Like any modern speedcube, it can cornercut almost anywhere and doesn't pop or cornertwist.
The best GES nuts are yellow, green and clear. I prefer green.
I overlubed my cube with weight 2. It feels controllable, flexible and really fast. The magnets are also of the perfect strength.
There are also some cons with this. The price is very high for a non premium speedcube. The red is really bright. It has a feel that may not be liked my some.
Otherwise, it is recommended for anyone who can afford it.

WCA
2017WENR01
One day I was going through SCS's website, so I saw a magnetise tutorial and downloaded it. A few days later my magnets arrived.I put them on my GAN Air, and while waiting for it to dry I played on my then new MF3RS2. I magnetised it, found it was too strong so I took them off, but instead of putting them on the MF3RS2 ( which has thicker plastic ) I stupidly put them on Gans Air. I loosened it to negate the super strong magnets( for me anyway, for you it would feel normal) but then it started corner twisting and popping like crazy. My MF3RS2 is faster than Gans anyway, so that became my main.