• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN 356 Air SM

Badcuber

WCA
2017BADG01
I hope that gancube will come out with the gan356 air s (gan356 air sm without magnets) and with the magnet slots, I am hoping that this would be cheaper and then I can put my own magnets of my choice into it. That will be cool. Or even if they supply you with a few different types of magnets and like with the springs you can swap them out with some new cool piece design.

I think the s means supreme. My birthday is soon so I hope it comes out in time!
The S in SM doesnt stand fir anything. It stands for "new edition kinda". Like iphobe 6s.

Also. The cube feliks used for his 4.73 WR was a prototype gan air M. Which is a standard gan air with magnets. So that cant be it.

Zerksies

The S in SM doesnt stand fir anything. It stands for "new edition kinda". Like iphobe 6s.

Also. The cube feliks used for his 4.73 WR was a prototype gan air M. Which is a standard gan air with magnets. So that cant be it.
The SM doesn't feel as solid as the UM, but I prefer the SM

Badcuber

WCA
2017BADG01
According to speedcube.com.au SM stands for "Superspeed Magneto". :rolleyes:
Yeah I understand what you are saying but gan used that and many others as advertising for the cube trying to get people to guess what it really does mean. In a video in this chat he released that the s is for upgraded and nothing else. Superspeed Magneto was the final teaser for what it stood for and was featured on the pamphlet but it isn't the true meaning as it really is just a gan 356 air upgraded to have the honey comb design just like the gan 356 v2 was an upgraded version of the gan 356.

@4Chan, any idea of when the SM will get released at the cubicle?
Other Predictions: I think the 2017 Rubik's Brand 2x2 (Feliks' main), and the SM will come out simultaneously. Along with that, A Gan Air S (non-magnetic) will come out as well for those who dislike magnets.
Even if there isn't, you can simply take the magnets out of the pieces. They're not even glued in. It doesn't have the ultimate mod done to it either.

GOOD NEWS! Thecubicle.us now sells the SM. Until the 24th, it is priced at $39. It also released on lightake.com with a currently discounted price of $35 plus 2 dollar shipping. SCS also sells it I'm pretty sure.

124Cuber

Maybe it means slotted magnets, like how the moyu magnetic pyraminx and x man bell pyraminx have slots for the magnets.
Just found out my prediction was correct for one of the changes, it does have slotted magnets, which is show in legoboyz3!'s video!