• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN 356 Air SM

tofu

No doubt Gan will be charging more than the UM, so it will retail at over $50... however, stores like Lightake will probably have it available for around $35

I'm wondering though - would it be worth waiting for the new version of the Valk instead?

If you liked the guoguan yuexiao, v2 of that is also coming out and cameron from speedcubeshop was very impressed with the prototype.

For me at least, im going to pick up all 3 as they come out.

Badcuber

WCA
2017BADG01
I just saw but Feliks is now using the Rubik's/gans 2x2 as his mains which mean he has finally got a cube better than his original white dyan 2x2. This must be good and if it is gans is on a roll seeing this is their first speed cube 2x2.

Luke8

WCA
2017MYKL01
Notice: This is all opinion. Non of this is cold, hard facts. These predictions are simply, well, predictions.

I've researched the price and info of this product heavily, and have read countless forum posts. These are my conclusions:

Price: I expect the price of this cube to be from $54.99 to $59.70 (The WR average, set using the cube). More than the UM for sure. Gan has never been really good at low prices. $20.00 used to be a ton for a 3x3, but now with magnetic cubes, new technologies, and premium serviced cubes, that is mid to high range for a 3x3.

Accesories: I expect a new GES nut or two, and maybe a few more extra papers and stuff, but that's about it. I am really hoping for new GES nuts, or (gasp) a new GES Nuts series!

Other Predictions: I think the 2017 Rubik's Brand 2x2 (Feliks' main), and the SM will come out simultaneously. Along with that, A Gan Air S (non-magnetic) will come out as well for those who dislike magnets.

Last edited:

Badcuber

WCA
2017BADG01
Conclusion for Naming: S=Supreme.

If you looked through this thread more you will find a video explaining that the S doesn't stand for anything, it is simply a term for a upgraded product like the iPhone 6S.

I can't wait to see what the new GES looks like some of mine have already threaded, I hope this decreases the chances of more theading.

LegendaryMJS

WCA
2017SOHM01
See SpeedCubeReview's interview with Feliks. He says that Gan worked on a new 2x2 with Rubik's and the new Gan is a Gan 356 AirS M. It has an upgraded core, and new GES nuts. So the "S" is like the iPhone 6S which is an upgrade of the iPhone 6. Hope that clears stuff out. Video is at the bottom.

124Cuber

Maybe it means slotted magnets, like how the moyu magnetic pyraminx and x man bell pyraminx have slots for the magnets.

XLCuber

That seems convincing, but the cube Feliks uses has fullbrights. His could be custom though. I also plugged the text on that page into Google Translate and got this:
"The Gans Air Standard version was mod"
This doesn't give any concrete evidence either way, but I found it interesting.
Feliks can use any color scheme/shades.