• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Full PLL for Megaminx!

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank's to Lars solver we now got algs for all PLL's up on the pages.

Many of the new ones are 3g (RUF/ULF) because that is the fastest search mode (besides 2g that we already had). Algs we found using xg are marked (x ABC), that is so we know where it may be a shorter one if more sides are used, and also the limit to use. The search for more and shorter algs will continue but it will run much slower than this did.

And it will be all OLL's too, that work Lid has started ^^

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The way I solve LL as now is VH-F2L for EO and partial MGLS (mostly sexy moves) for at least two corners, the ones next to the pair. Then I put the pair down and I get 6 diffrent OLL's, then PLL in as many steps I need. Working and pretty fast but turn intensive, I get like 40-50 for the whole LL if I don't know the PLL, else 30 something.

Yeah, this seems pretty turn-intensive. I think if you want to 'reduce' the last layer to PLL you would be much better off with intuitive VHF2L followed by corner-orientation in one look.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeha, sure, but then I need to learn also the rest of the CO's and I'm too lazy to learn also the last "Brunos"...

I do not speedsolve Megaminx (4-5 minutes first layers and 25 seconds LL =) but I do a lot of alg searching, most of the times I get to situations I cannot solve in one look or I even mess F2L because I can't find my way back, I only need a method for that.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It seems to me that you enjoy learning algs way more than getting faster. What's your FL-LL breakdown for 2x2?

Baad, I have my best averages in the range 6-7 seconds but that is after days of practice, I know way too many CxLL's to quickly react to what I see in front of me, sometimes I'm about to use a COLL of 12 turns when I know a 2x2 CLL of 9 if I'm out of practice :p

Back to topic, besides Stefans OLL project I have now started a page for ELL as the first LL step:

http://sites.google.com/site/permuteramera/other-methods/ell

It will soon be done, in a day or two...

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Easy, you calculate the number of cases and find there are 96 of them...

But as you can see more than 2:3 can be removed just from doing AUF.

Edit: when I started this morning I had no clue about the cases in ELL and obviously I did not have it when I started the page and generated the algs...

I simply forgot the 4-flips exept the two I already listed on the page... So there are 10 more cases to list :eek:

I hope you keep in mind the pages still are pretty beta, there are probably more algs that are wrong than the ones we already fixed and I found two images that where wrong a day ago (fixed now).

But the work is in progress...

Last edited:

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I remade the ELL page a bit so it follows the method for recognition that I recommend. I now got all cases and algs up. The pages just needs a little rounding in the corners and it will be ok.

http://sites.google.com/site/permuteramera/other-methods/ell

Move count is pretty low, about 8.5 including AUF if 4g algs are used, a little more if only 3g is ok (2g does not work becase of the EO). For a ~3 look using commutators for corners you can probably get under 30 moves on average if you learn all 3 cycles, some 36 cases I think, mabye that will be my next page. The only problem with it is that commutators are not that fast.

---------
Some of the OLL pages are comming up too...

Last edited:

Crystl

wow, that's great ! I should learn them if I want a place on my first WCA event

does anybody know if any top minxers use pll and oll? sorry for the noob question, i just got a minx today, and really like it.