• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs - 7x7 2:06.73 single & 2:15.07 mean

turtwig

That's what I was gonna ask. Is it possible the records from the last few months has something to do with magnets, and mostly the bigger cubes? For 4x4 I heard they are a lot stabler with magnets. But I also thought Sebastian sub 20 was without magnets. And as you say Feliks had no magnets in London, it's also possible without.
I started cubing in 2010 stopped in 2013 and just started again. I think the 2 main reasons why people are so good is better cubes and also the internet where everyone can learn from everyone. Video's are really great now, real good. And of course you have to be a good cubed.

Magnets are probably a big factor to recent time drops. I heard that especially for 4x4 magnets are dropping people's times a lot.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's what I was gonna ask. Is it possible the records from the last few months has something to do with magnets, and mostly the bigger cubes? For 4x4 I heard they are a lot stabler with magnets. But I also thought Sebastian sub 20 was without magnets. And as you say Feliks had no magnets in London, it's also possible without.
I started cubing in 2010 stopped in 2013 and just started again. I think the 2 main reasons why people are so good is better cubes and also the internet where everyone can learn from everyone. Video's are really great now, real good. And of course you have to be a good cubed.
Yep, hardware may help, but practice is more important (and a little bit of luck).

I_<3_SCS

I agree!!!