• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Events you DON'T practice that much [poll]

Event you least practice?

• 2x2

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • 4x4

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 5x5

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • 6x6

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • 7x7

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • 3x3 OH

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 BLD (indicate which)

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Megaminx, Pyraminx (indicate which)

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Rubiks Magic, Master Magic

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Other (put your answer below)

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters

drewsopchak

WCA
2010SOPC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
default state -> solved state

sounds like solving to me

solve |sälv; sôlv|
verb [ trans. ]
find an answer to, explanation for, or means of effectively dealing with (a problem or mystery) : the policy could solve the town's housing crisis | a murder investigation that has never been solved.
Seems to me your just changing the state of something without solving. I don't think magic has a unsolved/solved state. Hypothetically,if uncapping a bottle of CRC was an event, would removing the cap be considered solving? Would an uncapped bottle be considered solved? Maybe I'm not making sense...

cubernya

Premium Member
solve |sälv; sôlv|
verb [ trans. ]
find an answer to, explanation for, or means of effectively dealing with (a problem or mystery) : the policy could solve the town's housing crisis | a murder investigation that has never been solved.
Seems to me your just changing the state of something without solving. I don't think magic has a unsolved/solved state. Hypothetically,if uncapping a bottle of CRC was an event, would removing the cap be considered solving? Would an uncapped bottle be considered solved? Maybe I'm not making sense...

Normal magic: Unsolved, unlinked rings -> solved, linked rings

the puzzle/problem here is to get the rings connected

If removing the cap of CRC was an event, it wouldn't be considered solving, since there's no problem or mystery there

drewsopchak

WCA
2010SOPC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Normal magic: Unsolved, unlinked rings -> solved, linked rings

the puzzle/problem here is to get the rings connected

If removing the cap of CRC was an event, it wouldn't be considered solving, since there's no problem or mystery there
But every "solution" is the same.... Besides, I doubt you think there's mystery in magic flipping.

cubernya

Premium Member
But every "solution" is the same.... Besides, I doubt you think there's mystery in magic flipping.

Ok. I can use devil's alg on a 3x3 and it will be solved at some point. Does this mean it's not a puzzle?
The key in the definition you provided: problem or mystery, not and

Daniel Wu

Premium Member
WCA
2010WUDA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From least practice to most practice (excluding multiBLD and big cubes BLD, because I never practice those):
Master Magic, Magic, 3x3 BLD, Square-1, Clock, Megaminx, 7x7, 6x6, 5x5, 4x4, OH, 2x2, Pyraminx, 3x3

Endgame

I don't practice 2x2x2 a lot in comparison to the effort I put in 3x3x3, although I still practice a lot for both. They're my only events anyway.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
what kind of person are you if you dont practice 3x3
I would have loved to answer "Me" to that kind of clueless question but unfortunately it's not true. I don't practice 3^3 very much, though, but I at least regularly do the weekly competition on the French forum.
The events I really don't practice at all are the magics because I don't do them, and clock bcause I currently don't have a decent one.