• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

eBay or Amazon?

Have You Used eBay or Amazon?

• I use/have used eBay

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I use/have used Amazon

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • I have never used either website

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

MellowJello

Hey guys! Just happened to come across this question in my mind. As it says in the title, have you used either Amazon or eBay for buying your speedcubes? If so, how was your experience? Any stories about scams with either of them? There is a poll above to input your answer as well. Tell me what you think through your purchases!

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! Just happened to come across this question in my mind. As it says in the title, have you used either Amazon or eBay for buying your speedcubes? If so, how was your experience? Any stories about scams with either of them? There is a poll above to input your answer as well. Tell me what you think through your purchases!

I order through amazon. It's great. I get free two day shipping and low prices. Amazon is reliable since most of the items are actual cube stores just fufilled by amazon.

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
I ordered through Amazon because its a well trusted site. I did really really like my Zanchi, but I'm not sure Amazon really had much to do with that. I think the Zanchi would be awsome no matter where you buy it.

EDIT: Why is there no option for both?

Last edited:

MellowJello

I order through amazon. It's great. I get free two day shipping and low prices. Amazon is reliable since most of the items are actual cube stores just fufilled by amazon.

That sounds great! I might check out Amazon next time! I just ordered $70 worth of cubes on eBay. Hopefully luck is on my side and they turn out to be the cubes I am currently waiting for... Fingers crossed!

-Mellow

MellowJello

I ordered through Amazon because its a well trusted site. I did really really like my Zanchi, but I'm not sure Amazon really had much to do with that. I think the Zanchi would be awsome no matter where you buy it.

I just ordered a stickerless one off of eBay! The other cubes I purchased was the WitTwo stickerless (v1?) and the Dayan Megaminx stickerless. I guess I'm a stickerless fanatic. Haha :) But I do hear that they tend to wear down more than a stickered. anyway, I really do hope I get what I paid for!

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just ordered a stickerless one off of eBay! The other cubes I purchased was the WitTwo stickerless (v1?) and the Dayan Megaminx stickerless. I guess I'm a stickerless fanatic. Haha :) But I do hear that they tend to wear down more than a stickered. anyway, I really do hope I get what I paid for!

Careful on the sticker less. They're not allowed in competitions.
And you can edit your post instead of posting multiple times, same thing with replying. Just click the "+ sign and hit reply on another post and both replies will be there.

MellowJello

Careful on the sticker less. They're not allowed in competitions.
And you can edit your post instead of posting multiple times, same thing with replying. Just click the "+ sign and hit reply on another post and both replies will be there.

Sorry about that! I guess my noobyness is showing on this forum. As for the warning about the stickerless, I do realize that they are not allowed. I do not plan on competing in the future. But if all changes, I shall go buy another cube! :)

MellowJello

lol I'm ordering probably around $100 worth from amazon this week so I know how you feel lol
Hope you get what you needed lol. Are you talking about $100 worth of cubes or other stuff?

I don't use amazon because I only use paypal. That's a dealbreaker for me.
That's the main reason why I used eBay for my order as well! Oh PayPal, what would I do without you? :)

Daniel707

Amazon is pretty much US cubing stores, but still they offer great prices. For Ebay, there are mostly Chinese sellers and some offer even better prices but horrible shipping. But, both are very reliable. If you want your cubes fast, pick amazon. If you want them a few bucks cheaper, ebay it is.

WCA
2012TOWE01
I purchase from everywhere, cube shops, ebay and amazon, but amazon is harder in the UK because there are less cubes available in this country.

Ebay is pretty good though when you buy from cube shops through ebay.

darckhitet

Banned
I really hate Amazon because of a total of 15 orders from cubes i have bought i receive something different either a different cube or a different color or a knockoff, i never get scammed by ebay

josh42732

With Amazon, I ordered all of my Christmas cubes from them, and am never going back. I go the cheapest ones, ordered on Friday, came on Monday. Except the Dayan 2x2 stickerless, which came on Wednesday. I have found nothing wrong with Amazon, and now, since my dad just got a job at Amazon, I will always be ordering from there unless I can't find what I want. Or unless it is stickers from cubicle or something like that that is store-specific.

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
I have used ebay before to order a cube and it came just when it said it was going to with the standard free shipping. I just ordered a bunch of cubes from amazon a week or so ago, and they should arrive soon, although I did choose standard shipping so it will still take a few weeks. I really like to use amazon because I can get lots of free amazon gift cards from online sites to pay for my cubes.

I voted for ebay in the poll because the transaction was completed when I got my cubes rather than amazon, hasn't yet.