• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dumb Cubing Challenges.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to be able to ride for a long time with no hands, and be able to turn around corners with no hands. I remember a couple years ago a friend and I would ride around our neighborhood with no hands and we thought we were so cool lol. I will need to practice for a little though as I haven't rode a bike at all for like half a year.

Etotheipi

I used to be able to ride for a long time with no hands, and be able to turn around corners with no hands. I remember a couple years ago a friend and I would ride around our neighborhood with no hands and we thought we were so cool lol. I will need to practice for a little though as I haven't rode a bike at all for like half a year.
I think I managed to ride with no hands for decent distances when I was 8-9, but now I can't. I rode bikes way more back then, because I had friends within riding distance.

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Should I post my videos of myself doing some of these challenges here? I have a series on my YouTube channel where I try the challenges that are posted in this thread, but i dont want to spam the thread with video links

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Psychological challenge: Line up all of your puzzles in clear view from your bed, and then do a single move on all of them, so you can see they are unsolved from your bed. Then, try to sleep. No solving them.

Alright, I'll do it. I'm goin to sleep soon anyway, will update tomorrow

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
honestly it wasn't that hard, the worst part was moving all my cubes around so that they would be right next to my bed. Thankfully the only cube that fell was my skewb, and I need a new one anyway.

Etotheipi

Here's an interesting one. Take out the corners of a skewb that aren't attached to the core, and then solve the rest like a Pyraminx. Seems simple, but the challenge comes from keeping the puzzle aligned while you turn it.
You can also take off the corner caps of the corners attached to the core, scramble it and hand it to a non-cuber and confuse them when you say it's not solved.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's an interesting one. Take out the corners of a skewb that aren't attached to the core, and then solve the rest like a Pyraminx. Seems simple, but the challenge comes from keeping the puzzle aligned while you turn it.
avg of 5: 9.71

Time List:
1. 9.97 L' B' R' L U R' U' L'
2. 9.73 L' B' U L B R L U' L
3. (42.32) L B' R' U R' U' L' B (2 big pops)
4. 9.44 U' B' R L' R B' L B U
5. (7.39) L B' U' R B' L R' L

EDIT: I thought this thread was actually this thread https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/unofficial-events-challenge.77634/ so I will make another challenge

NEXT: Solve a 2x2 using 2 pringles cans

Last edited:

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Did it on my Rubik's brand lol
6:14.22
Lol, cube got stuck in one of the cans and I later noticed that one of them had an abundance of crumbs in it, but it was too late lol.
Next: Dip 2 fingers in ketchup and get a sub 30, after that, show a picture of where the ketchup got on your cube.
Please use like a warrior w or something budget

no just use a gan cube those are bad

jk bro but if you can plz do