Drexel Winter 2010

So it would be you, Shaden, Carson, Chester, Mike, and his two daughters? I wonder if the WCA board would allow Mike's house to be a satellite location for the Chicago Open :)
Actually, sadly, my daughters can't come to Chicago. :( I'm very disappointed about that. (And so are they - Marie is now averaging 40 seconds, and was looking forward to showing it off.) But if it could be a satellite location, they could. :)

And I'm really sorry to have hijacked this thread like this. We should take it to the Chicago thread. Please forgive me.
 
This competition may be an example of a potentially necessary snow delay WCA regulation. While I certainly wouldn't anticipate the Drexel organizers hitting any resistance from the WCA board if they want to reschedule, I don't see how it would hurt to put an official note (separate from the delegate report) that some potential issues (low turnout) are weather related. I also believe that this could help to tackle any possibility for this or other competitions of an event where the delegate can't make it due to weather issues.
 
I was really looking forward to this comp since it's been so long since I've been able to make it to one. It's looking kind of iffy now. Ah well.

Bill
 
Yea it'd be pretty nice if this was rescheduled..

Why reschedule? I'm sure the actual Drexel students will make it to the competition.

They could schedule another competition for later.

Well one good reason would be if Bob couldn't get there. At least canceling it from a WCA perspective, then.

Anyway, as long as it's still on I'm coming, I'm just going to take the train so I don't have to worry about driving in the snow.

We should know more tomorrow night.
 
I just spoke to Bob about this... well, given the impending snow, and my flexibility, I guess I'll have to go to the competition. And I'll need to go Friday pretty early in the afternoon as well.

I will probably take a 1:45pm bus to Philadelphia. But once I get to Philadelphia, I'll have no idea what I'm doing. I was originally intending to take an early Saturday bus... so is there a spot on a floor where I can crash for the night somewhere?

And this is why I'm moving back to California.
 
I just spoke to Bob about this... well, given the impending snow, and my flexibility, I guess I'll have to go to the competition. And I'll need to go Friday pretty early in the afternoon as well.

I will probably take a 1:45pm bus to Philadelphia. But once I get to Philadelphia, I'll have no idea what I'm doing. I was originally intending to take an early Saturday bus... so is there a spot on a floor where I can crash for the night somewhere?

And this is why I'm moving back to California.
take me back to cali with you. Im REALLY getting pissed off at snow now
 
Hi Everyone,

So we just sent out a mass e-mail to everyone who registered. Regardless of what happens, Drexel will be holding another event on February 27.

The question we're trying to answer now is whether or not we should keep the one tomorrow on the 6th.

-Tyson
 
Hi Everyone,

So we just sent out a mass e-mail to everyone who registered. Regardless of what happens, Drexel will be holding another event on February 27.

The question we're trying to answer now is whether or not we should keep the one tomorrow on the 6th.

-Tyson

I don't want bus tickets to go to waste a second time. :P
 
I just got the follow up email

Due to the weather forecast, we realize that transportation to and
from the Philadelphia area will be quite difficult this weekend. In
light of this, Drexel Cubers will be working to schedule another
competition on February 27. The details will need to be confirmed by
the proper departments, but this competition has been cleared by the
WCA Board.

We will still be running the competition tomorrow on February 6.
Drexel Cubers will be looking to reduce the amount of supplies ordered
for the competition (chairs, tables, food and drink). With the
possibility of a much smaller attendance, we will be open to hosting
some of the events that were not listed before. Please e-mail Drexel
Cubers so that we can prepare scrambles for these events.

We encourage you to skip the competition tomorrow if transportation
conditions are hazardous. Please check the WCA website in the next
few days for the announcement of the other competition tentatively on
the 27th

So it sounds like it's on and there will be another one on the 27th. Kyle and I will be there. Am I correct to assume that both will have a WCA delegate?
 
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

So we just sent out a mass e-mail to everyone who registered. Regardless of what happens, Drexel will be holding another event on February 27.

The question we're trying to answer now is whether or not we should keep the one tomorrow on the 6th.

-Tyson

I don't want bus tickets to go to waste a second time. :P
I spent 90 bucks on DC.
 
Good luck to everyone who is venturing out, I am hoping to attend the Feb 27th date.
 
Just got a response from Drexel Cubers, seems that Tyson will definitely be there. I guess he's going down today like he mentioned earlier. Hopefully Bob will get there, too.

I have to talk to Kyle again but it I think we're just gonna take the train and if it doesn't work out, so be it. Worth a shot.
 
wow....my birthday is the 27th and i always spend it with family. Is this like my calling to stop cubing or something? this is 3 in a row now.
 
I think I'm going to have to make a decision in the morning. If the Drexel Cubers or Tyson has any further information tonight or tomorrow morning I would appreciate it if you would send out another email or post here. Thanks for keeping us up to date thus far, I really appreciate it.
 
Hi Everyone,

So we just sent out a mass e-mail to everyone who registered. Regardless of what happens, Drexel will be holding another event on February 27.

The question we're trying to answer now is whether or not we should keep the one tomorrow on the 6th.

-Tyson

I don't want bus tickets to go to waste a second time. :P
I spent 90 bucks on DC.
I spent 183 bucks on DC.

I spent a million bucks on DC.
 
Back
Top