• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Does the Guildford Challenge include feet anymore?

xcross

wdym by ghost post
Posting something non beneficial to the topic or easily re searchable on a thread. Also includes: not using reply, not quoting, 1 word posts
They are called ghost posts because they disappear in the thread. No one bothers to look at them. Sometimes ghost posts are important but no one finds them because of the lack of quotes or replies.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Posting something non beneficial to the topic or easily re searchable on a thread. Also includes: not using reply, not quoting, 1 word posts
They are called ghost posts because they disappear in the thread. No one bothers to look at them. Sometimes ghost posts are important but no one finds them because of the lack of quotes or replies.

I'd say that about 5-6 of the most active posters on this forum now are making more than half of their posts like that for the sake of increasing their post count.

For the sake of making this not a ghost post itself, I'd also say that feet should be removed from a Guildford, as it is defined upon the list of WCA events and their formats.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'd say that about 5-6 of the most active posters on this forum now are making more than half of their posts like that for the sake of increasing their post count.

I have a feeling your talking about the bumping war

For the sake of making this not a ghost post itself, I'd also say that feet should be removed from a Guildford, as it is defined upon the list of WCA events and their formats.

I agree. It's not in the SEE regulations, so I'd say that's pretty much the final word. Also it's not in the weekly comp if that means anything

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
The weekly competition has only the mini-Guildford, not the Guildford. The mini-Guildford excludes some of what were thought of as "longer events", and at the time, "longer events" were thought to include feet. So it is true that the weekly competition is not affected by any change here.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
The weekly competition has only the mini-Guildford, not the Guildford. The mini-Guildford excludes some of what were thought of as "longer events", and at the time, "longer events" were thought to include feet. So it is true that the weekly competition is not affected by any change here.

Thanks for pointing that out, I just realized that SEE doesn't have the Guildford challenge either, but just variations on the mini. I guess there's not really an authority on the subject then, anyone wanna hold it at a comp unofficially?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for pointing that out, I just realized that SEE doesn't have the Guildford challenge either, but just variations on the mini. I guess there's not really an authority on the subject then, anyone wanna hold it at a comp unofficially?
I've had plans of doing unofficial events at the competitions I organize but I don't think that enough people would compete in it to warrant a time slot for it rather than an event people would actually like, be it unofficial like mystery events (Very popular at the comps that have it in my area) or official events.