• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Discussion on the legality of nodon

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The only problem with noddon would be if the competitor donned the blindfold simultaneously with doing moves, which would be very hard to judge. Maybe the competitor should be required to touch the blindfold with their hands before solving, or wait for a judge to say yes (which would be bad because it would slow times but it would make it more fair)

TheCardTurner

Alex I think if they did that your times would be at the mercy of your judge's reaction speed! But it's still tricky to tell if you moved before the blindfold. I think right now they could give a +2 if you OBVIOUSLY moved before the blindfold went down. Otherwise, I think the judges should be lenient ;)