• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Designing my own 3x3!

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi. I am currently working on a new 3x3. It will be made entirely in Autodesk123D and will be printed by shapeways. I started today, and currently have made very little progress.
Wish me luck! (I'll need it).

Abo

Good Luck!!!
I am actually doing the same thing soon, just need to talk to my teacher, because my school has a 3d printer. Have you done anything in Autodesk 123D before, I find it is pretty nice actually. And are you basing your cube on something pre-existing? I have started a yuxin 3x3 ish cube.

v0lt3r

well and where can we see the design? i mean see how are the internals before buy it or see it in shapeways? maybe you can upload it?

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good Luck!!!
I am actually doing the same thing soon, just need to talk to my teacher, because my school has a 3d printer. Have you done anything in Autodesk 123D before, I find it is pretty nice actually. And are you basing your cube on something pre-existing? I have started a yuxin 3x3 ish cube.

not necessarily 123D, but I have used other Autodesk programs at school.I am currently starting off with a meiying-ish cube. rounded centers, squared corners, etc.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good luck! Quite a feat you're going for.

I mean, making your own puzzles via 3D modelling software and 3D printing them is nothing new, but making something speedsolvable sounds like something that would take a lot of extra trial-and-error and precision to get right (I am assuming here that you're designing your own speedcube here, right? As opposed to a regular 3x3, I mean)

Either way, I really hope you find success!

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good luck! Quite a feat you're going for.

I mean, making your own puzzles via 3D modelling software and 3D printing them is nothing new, but making something speedsolvable sounds like something that would take a lot of extra trial-and-error and precision to get right (I am assuming here that you're designing your own speedcube here, right? As opposed to a regular 3x3, I mean)

Either way, I really hope you find success!

Yeah it is going to be (hopefully) speedcube-able. First I will have ever made. So far I have the centers done, but am still working on the caps, and the hole for the screw to go in.

Abo

Good luck again, with the speedcube-able aspect of it, because my plan, is to have them (teacher) print out an edge, corner, and center so i can see and modify it to make it smoother. Without that, which sounds like is what you have because of shapeways, I would think trial and error isn't really an option. Also, what are you doing for your core? I found making one that is threaded to be a pain! (So imma just visit the good ol' Cubicle.us for one and hardware)

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good luck again, with the speedcube-able aspect of it, because my plan, is to have them (teacher) print out an edge, corner, and center so i can see and modify it to make it smoother. Without that, which sounds like is what you have because of shapeways, I would think trial and error isn't really an option. Also, what are you doing for your core? I found making one that is threaded to be a pain! (So imma just visit the good ol' Cubicle.us for one and hardware)

Yep. the cubicle.

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A bit of a bump on this, but I stopped working on it for a while because windows 10 deleted all my files, so I got fairly discouraged, but I'm back to it. I am going to use already created cores and spring/screw sets. i.e: something like hualong,Maru soft; Aolong, Meiying, etc. Also, I found out that my school in fact DOES have a 3-d printer. :p

Praetorian

YouTube
Visit Channel
A bit of a bump on this, but I stopped working on it for a while because windows 10 deleted all my files, so I got fairly discouraged, but I'm back to it. I am going to use already created cores and spring/screw sets. i.e: something like hualong,Maru soft; Aolong, Meiying, etc. Also, I found out that my school in fact DOES have a 3-d printer. :p

I'm so sorry man..i wish you luck for this second attempt

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05

I don't know why, but our school just went a bought like several different 3d printers this year... I think we have like 5. 3 of them belong to one single teacher