• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dealextreme Triple Conjoined Cube

heavypoly6

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29098

I've had this cube/puzzle for while now. I've noticed a lot of things about it too. I kinda figured its kinda impossible to solve the middle cube using a standard method like Fridrich. The cube turns very smoothly and is a DIY. Now the thing is, the cubes are like....SUPER hybrid-y. Like really.... the things that I found are:

1: The cube is the same size as a Diansheng.
2: The cubies are the same moldings as a Diansheng, but they are a lot thicker.
3: There are no stickers, it's paint.
4: I don't have a type C, but I'm pretty sure the center pieces are type C. Also they have the same tracks under thte center piece as a diansheng does.
5: The cube has Type D screws and springs.
6: It has a white/barely vanilla core, but idk what type that is.

I took one cube out to see how it would be as a speedcube. It's fast, but has a clanky sound and locks-up a bit. Also I had a sudden urge to smell it, the inside smells like salted water :3. So yeah, kinda interesting....

YouTube
Visit Channel

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not easy, but also of course not impossible. I remember doing it a while ago with Jaap's real one, now I just did it again with a normal 3x3x3 with two CEC triples bandaged with sellotape.

or you could just do M and S moves, if you can scramble it, you can solve it, it shoudln't be that hard

And how do you get an edge from the M slice into the S slice?

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not easy, but also of course not impossible. I remember doing it a while ago with Jaap's real one, now I just did it again with a normal 3x3x3 with two CEC triples bandaged with sellotape.

or you could just do M and S moves, if you can scramble it, you can solve it, it shoudln't be that hard

And how do you get an edge from the M slice into the S slice?

Look under the solved photo, it's in a position where you can do a face turn.