• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Deal Extreme

Jude

WCA
2008WRIG02
Uh, I'd be wary of Deal Extreme if I were you. I ordered a Megaminx off there and after a few weeks of waiting they sent me an incomplete 3x3x3 DIY kit (missing center caps)... After emailing them (they took a while to respond) they asked for pictures and evidence to prove they sent me the wrong cube. I'm doing that now and I'll report back when I find out if they'll send me a Megaminx..
HOWEVER, the SQ 1 I oredered from there is nice, and I'm happy with it.
@ Fanwuq: 5x5x5 is ES, 4x4x4 isn't.

MistArts

5x5 is not Eastsheen?
I saw it described as an Eastsheen multiple times in the other thread.

I saw the discription saying the 4x4 is not that good for speedcubing, but what is so bad about it? How bad can it be anyway? Surely it cannot be as bad as that Rubik's Revenge I had at DC open (Dan Cohen only managed to get 50 seconds doing it as a 3x3). If it's even slightly better than that, I'd be willing to get it.

You must gotten a very bad revenge (haha) because mine that I had at DC before I bought my ES was quite good. My times in DC were 10+ seconds above my average with my Rubik's using my ES. I still have the cube but the pieces are scatter all over the basement and the core is broken.

Jude

WCA
2008WRIG02
Uh, I'd be wary of Deal Extreme if I were you. I ordered a Megaminx off there and after a few weeks of waiting they sent me an incomplete 3x3x3 DIY kit (missing center caps)... After emailing them (they took a while to respond) they asked for pictures and evidence to prove they sent me the wrong cube. I'm doing that now and I'll report back when I find out if they'll send me a Megaminx..
HOWEVER, the SQ 1 I oredered from there is nice, and I'm happy with it.
@ Fanwuq: 5x5x5 is ES, 4x4x4 isn't.

Well, they finally agreed to send me a megaminx, after trying to convince me to buy it again for half price -.- It'll probably arrive in a couple of weeks, more than 2 months after I ordered it..

1996iscool

If you want to know about the super square-1, I have one and it is suprisingly a QJ or clefferts. It is really fast and smooth. I also have a transparent pyraminx and it is just amazing. Its smooth and can cut corners. But, the only problem I have with it is it has a screw that seems to unscrew itself.