• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dayan gu hong, Is it the best?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a rubix's 3x3 a QJ 4x4 and V-cube 5x5 6x6 and 7x7.My 3x3 is as I said a Rubix's I have done but I want the best.I have done many things to this cube and it turn amazingly but its not the best.I have go ten a 17 second record with this cube but with the dayan gu hong I think I can do better.By the title you can guess the subject is the dayan gu hong the best speedcube if so where can I purchase one, If not witch one and where can I purchase it?

NOTE: Pleas includes links and prices of the cube you are stating.

Last edited:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, 17 seconds? Oh, and the new "zanchi" may be the best now. I suggest pre-ordering it from icubemart.com. Don't worry, it will ship in a couple of days. That's how new it is...
But it is probably known as the best. http://www.icubemart.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2479756

Here is a thread with a list of cubes and prices. Just scroll down to the guhong and look for the best price for you. Make sure to also look at the shipping cost, since it's not included with the cube list (But it's still on the same thread). Oh, and I suggest searching for threads before posting, more for your own sake, since everyone will call you a "nub".

EDIT: oh, and the zanchi is the next version of the guhong, if you didn't know.

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am wondering what you've done to your Rubik's? My Rubik's is better than a LOT of my DIY's, and all I've done to it is lubed it. I've gotten as low as 13 sec with it. However, as for your question: A lot of people feel that the Gu Hong is the best cube, but for building accuracy and skill, it is not. It allows you to do things you'd not be able to do with other cubes. It is one you should have though. As Collin said, the Zhan Chi may surpass it. We'll find out soon enough.

YouTube
Visit Channel
[yockee]I am wondering what you've done to your Rubik's? My Rubik's is better than a LOT of my DIY's, and all I've done to it is lubed it. I've gotten as low as 13 sec with it. However, as for your question: A lot of people feel that the Gu Hong is the best cube, but for building accuracy and skill, it is not. It allows you to do things you'd not be able to do with other cubes. It is one you should have though. As Collin said, the Zhan Chi may surpass it. We'll find out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Well first of all I put patrolmen jelly in it (yes I know its bad but I didn't know and I think if you wash it out about a month later it help a lot) I left it in there for about a month using the hell out of it the cleaned it out.That helped a lot then after I got some silicone from Walmart and sprayed it on every piece then let it sit for about 15, maby 20 mins.Then I simply broke it in for a couple of months.But recently I moded it using 250 sandpaper.First I took of one layer then sanded down that side then repeated that process on all of the sides.The second step is to dissemble you cube the round the corners and edges.For the edges just make the sides of the right angel that connects to the cube round in instead of pointed and I think the corners are self explanatory just make them round but not to much because if you do it will pop.Hope this helped!

-Vincent

chicken9290

Banned
yeah guhongs are the best cubes on the market my lubix elite

Last edited by a moderator:

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
Must...Resist...

14559%20-%20angry%20rainbow_dash%20reaction_face.png