• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Daniel's comms

D

Daniel Lin

Don't you think you could be sub-22 or 21? Or is sub-23 the limit without floating buffers.
yeah i'm sure someone could average sub 22 without any floating wiht fast memo and really fast algs, but it's a bit harder. sub23 is very reasonable tho (ishaan averages 22.5 and doesn't float much)

Zorse

yeah i'm sure someone could average sub 22 without any floating wiht fast memo and really fast algs, but it's a bit harder. sub23 is very reasonable tho (ishaan averages 22.5 and doesn't float much)
What do you average?

leeo

WCA
2016ODEG01
This might be the best place to ask you about your buffers. I put a lot of thought into which buffers I should use, and I decided on having all my buffers be on the back left of the cube, so for 3x3 my buffers would be UBL and UB.

I independently arrived at this buffer pair also. It does have one big handicaps with standard lettering systems: They translate to the A_ edge and _A corner so this letter won't come up in a standard BLD reading, which is an awful waste of a good vowel.

Technically, I've been working up a computer program to support any buffer choice and lettering system (including non-Latin alphabets). One feature I've been working on is to take a list of 3-cycle algorithms and generate all of the "one stop" setup algorithms into the list, and present it also in the letter-pair form. A typical corner entry appears like (speffz): "_JK BC BF". "_JK" is my BLD reading in memory. the BC "one-stop" mid-target is reached next from JK with an R setup move, and then from BC the BF target is obtained with an F' setup move. BF is in solvable by (#_AFB) in my target algset (a clockwise turn and twist from the original TuRBo method). On executing it, it is then simply necessary to return back to the home by returning to the mid stop BC ( BF to BC is the F move that takes the _F corner facelet to the _C corner facelet position) then taking both to "_JK" with the R' undo setup move. Alas, with a non "A" buffer, the program must be redesigned to support a buffer lying somewhere in the middle of the lettering system alphabet.