• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Da Vinci Science Center 2008 Live Feed!

sam

I agree with everyone so far, it was an awesome competition! i broke most of my personal records: 2.69 2x2 solve, 24.62 OH solve (30.39 avg) and 18.44 3x3 avg.
I'm just kinda ****ed that i missed qualification for 3x3 and OH for nationals :(. maybe ill go next year...

Oh, and at magic: if i get one that works maybe ill practise a bit ;). and my master magic is too loose to practise with so i really cant even do that until i get more strings. So dan might be right, those records could be there for a while...

And Dan: 2 5x5 rounds IS lame :p.

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats Jason for the NAR sub 12!!! Gah, I'm so pumped right now but i can't practice as I have to study for my exams :O And Dan for the WR 4x4! and Mitchell for the NR single! (I heard his avg would've been 11.74 without that plus 2).

H

hdskull

I looked at Harris Chan's WCA profile right now, and I find it funny that his 4x/5x single/avg are the same rankings, haha.

Harris, you didn't go to the comp in Canada today ?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
And Dan: 2 5x5 rounds IS lame :p.

I don't think so - I think it's great! I wish I could have been there if for no other reason than the 2 5x5x5 rounds. The only thing that would be better than that would be 2 rounds of big cubes BLD. Maybe I'll organize a competition someday so I can do that. :)

Oh, and amazing results everyone! Awesome 4x4x4, Dan - I hope you can match it with 5x5x5 tomorrow! And I'm so glad Jason finally got a good 3x3x3 round!

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I looked at Harris Chan's WCA profile right now, and I find it funny that his 4x/5x single/avg are the same rankings, haha.

Harris, you didn't go to the comp in Canada today ?

Nah, I didn't go to Vancouver, that's like all the way on the West side of Canada, which is like traveling from NY to California or something lol. Plus, it's exam time, i have a few tests/exams next week.

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, first round was way better than the final.

I, for one, got super-2 averages. :(

Although, Patrick Jameson beat me by .11 or so in the first round, and I beat him by .04 in the final. XD

Pretty lame, imo.

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@ExoCorsair I hate you. lol jk. That was insane how close we were.

I dont know what you guys are talking about, I did great for me in 5x5. I got a 1:46.xx single which beat my previous record by 6 seconds! I did much better today than yesterday.

Last edited:
Yeah, Dan is WR-capable and didn't get it, while I used to average low/sub-1:50. :p

Congrats on the new PB; didn't know it was a best. :)

Man, I need to compete on 5x5. When you're 40sec below your best competition average, it's pretty lame that people are too slow to have it as an event at any competition you go to.

H

hdskull

Man, I need to compete on 5x5. When you're 40sec below your best competition average, it's pretty lame that people are too slow to have it as an event at any competition you go to.

Compete at US open! become 50 seconds faster and shock everyone.