• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Custom Algorithm Generator Website Released

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
TLDR: Check it out at https://solver.now.sh/.

I am glad to announce a custom algorithm generator website I made in JavaScript from scratch.
I originally made it so I could generate some algs for a new Roux variant, but I think it could come in handy for some other people.
I didn't use other solvers, because I wanted to have a solver that could handle custom state definitions.

The way states are defined in my solver is each sticker can be one of the listed colors.
This allows for some stickers to be anywhere in the cube for it to be considered solved, and some to only be in certain places.

In the attached images, you can see that the stickers in gray can be anything, while the colored stickers need to be those colors.
The new feature compared to other solvers is that the rainbow colored stickers can one of a few defined colors.

It also saves the current state definition between sessions, and lets you copy and paste it to share it.

Here are the attached images:

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.28.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.29.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-17 at 9.29.03 AM.png

Again, you can find it at https://solver.now.sh/.

If anyone has feedback on how I can improve the website or add features, please tell me.

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
The interface is kind of confusing, perhaps adding a cube to show what state you have selected?
I’m definitely interested in seeing where this will go. I’d love to see a GUI for inputting the cube state. Once Christmas break comes im going to try to start optimizing TTLL

I added a GUI that shows what cube state you have selected from all angles, but you still have to input your state through the checkboxes.

The update is live at the link (https://solver.now.sh/).

Etotheipi

I added a GUI that shows what cube state you have selected from all angles, but you still have to input your state through the checkboxes.

The update is live at the link (https://solver.now.sh/).
Yay, thats great, thanks!

I don't know how feasible this is, but here goes. It would be nice if you could gray out an area on the cube, say last layer corners, and then it would generate an alg for each possible state in the grayed out area. Then maybe you could also black out pieces that dont need to be solve by the alg. Is that very possible? It would allow for the creation of whole alg sets at a time, not just singular algs.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Also can you make it to where you can choose a color and then tap the cube because this thing is really weird.

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
I don't know how feasible this is, but here goes. It would be nice if you could gray out an area on the cube, say last layer corners, and then it would generate an alg for each possible state in the grayed out area. Then maybe you could also black out pieces that dont need to be solve by the alg. Is that very possible? It would allow for the creation of whole alg sets at a time, not just singular algs.
It is currently possible. You have to uncheck all of the checkboxes on a sticker to make it "grayed out". I have used it to make multiple short algs for all possible cases for the Roux variant I mentioned.
Also can you make it to where you can choose a color and then tap the cube because this thing is really weird.
I agree, the current interface is very confusing. I should be able to do a bunch of work on it in the next week.

Etotheipi

It is currently possible. You have to uncheck all of the checkboxes on a sticker to make it "grayed out". I have used it to make multiple short algs for all possible cases for the Roux variant I mentioned.

I agree, the current interface is very confusing. I should be able to do a bunch of work on it in the next week.
Ok =D nevermind then

Skewbed

WCA
2015LYON01
Is there a way for it to show me all the states the cube can be in, instead of giving me a million different ways one setup(solved) can be achieved?
That is doable. I might be able to find some time to do that.

So everyone knows, the reason the interface uses the checkboxes is so you can do fully customizable positions. If people want a simple solver, there are other websites that support optimal solutions that can be generated faster.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

That is doable. I might be able to find some time to do that.

So everyone knows, the reason the interface uses the checkboxes is so you can do fully customizable positions. If people want a simple solver, there are other websites that support optimal solutions that can be generated faster.
Can you link me to one of those? Im in desperate need of an alg generator on websites that has an easy interface lol.