• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubingUSA Nationals 2018 - Salt Lake City, Utah (July 27-29)

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
IIRC, Nats filled up in the first week.

I'm registering first thing when it comes out, If I need to cancel I'll cancel. I'm going to reserve a hotel room soon.
It definitely didn't fill up until at least April. The first day, 400 people signed up but it was slow from there. You're probably thinking of worlds. Either way you should still register asap.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes plenty. South Dakota, Hawaii, and Alaska are some that haven't had comps yet. ND just had it's first comp in November. Some states just wouldn't compete and some would have more than one team. Just register with a team and you represent that state.

You could also have a seeding round where every team did a Bo1 to determine top 16 and do tournament style from there.

U

Underwatercuber

Suggestion for a future nats (even if we cant in 2018): State cup. Kind of like the nations cup, but with american states instead.
Sounds like a fun idea to me. There might be problems with some states participation though but other than that it would probably work well.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't see why this wouldn't be a problem. The worlds one worked well, so why not just do the same thing? Maybe do top 32 or something teams based on adding up official averages, and then seed based on that.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't see why this wouldn't be a problem. The worlds one worked well, so why not just do the same thing? Maybe do top 32 or something teams based on adding up official averages, and then seed based on that.
Top 32 would make sense, but I would say each state can only get one unless there is not enough states, and then ranking can find the last ones

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I do not know if it is to early to ask this or not but does anyone know if there are going to be any kind of unofficial events during US Nationals? and if so what kind of events?

I know about the different kind of events that they have had the last few years, so I would think that they are going to do something this year, but I figured that I would ask. Thank you very much in advance.