• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing High on Marijuana

Can you speedcube when high?

• Yes, and I'm even better.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Yes, but I'm not faster

Votes: 25 18.5%
  • No, I suck when high

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Weed is for ****ing retarded people with hair in their eyes

Votes: 92 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blade740

Mack Daddy
WCA
2007NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay.
Whoever smokes weed is probably exposed to a not-so-good environment. And they probably don't have very good parents and/or school. I feel really bad for whoever does it. You're ruining your lives, you know.

Note that centers of higher learning have some of the highest rates of marijuana use.

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
Didn't qqwref already settle this?

Actually, I disagree with the notion that marijuana should not be used. I've never smoked it, but it smells so sweet, and cigarettes are just for inconsiderate [expletives] that think they are more important that everyone else when they smoke at bus stops. Oh, and shouldn't this be moved to Off-Topic?

CL_Pepsi

Okay.
Whoever smokes weed is probably exposed to a not-so-good environment. And they probably don't have very good parents and/or school. I feel really bad for whoever does it. You're ruining your lives, you know.

Also, this is a failthread. You're exposing younger and unintelligent people to things like drugs. Like me. But luckily, I'm not a dumb@$$ and I won't smoke weed for all the cubes in the world.

:cool:

Read this: http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/ (I read this last year)That's one reason I started.
And that is completely disrespectful for saying every parent and school is bad just because people smoke marijuana.

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
My times were bad while under, (from 19 to 27).
I made several mistakes while in the F2L, my hands feel all mellow though, so I don't have as much control over it.
However, watching the colors come together is the best part of all this. That's the beauty of solving the cube while under. It's amazing. Just don't do it in competition though, it won't help.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
koolkat.jpg

Kool Kat is :3

wubiks

Actually, I think you will find that there are many among the community that do in fact partake in the consumption of drugs.

wow way to sound intelligent.

you could've just said that there's a lot of cubers that do drugs

wubiks

Actually, I think you will find that there are many among the community that do in fact partake in the consumption of drugs.

Same meaning, what's the difference? I prefer to make myself sound less like a dropout.

You prefer to make yourself SOUND less like a dropout? Are you a dropout?

And it doesn't mean you're a dropout just because you don't type sentences like this guy..

Innocence

Same meaning, what's the difference? I prefer to make myself sound less like a dropout.

You prefer to make yourself SOUND less like a dropout? Are you a dropout?

And it doesn't mean you're a dropout just because you don't type sentences like this guy..

No, but you're not disagreeing with the fact it makes you sound smarter.

WCA
2009LIPA01
Okay.

Also, this is a failthread. You're exposing younger and unintelligent people to things like drugs. Like me. But luckily, I'm not a dumb@$$ and I won't smoke weed for all the cubes in the world.

:cool:

SO SORRY

NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have cubed when high and strangely enough, it did not negatively impact my times very severely. It increased my average by maybe 2 seconds at most. (19 to 21 or so).

I find it feels like you're solving in slow motion, and I can see the impact of every little mistake or cube rotation I make. I don't mean to encourage the use of it, but I think it could possibly be a tool for improvement.

If it is negatively impacting your times (by about 10% it seems), what part of it makes you think that it can help you? The fact that it just seems slower? How is it different from going slow and looking ahead?

Normally when I slow down my solves to analyze what I'm doing I drop my average by about 5 seconds. But this allows me to do it while still maintaining a relatively fast speed.

Okay.

Also, this is a failthread. You're exposing younger and unintelligent people to things like drugs. Like me. But luckily, I'm not a dumb@$$ and I won't smoke weed for all the cubes in the world.:

I have great parents, and I'm attending one of the top universities in Canada for Math and Computer Science. How am I ruining my life? Weed is not chemically addictive, any more than HALLS vapour mints.

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Weed is not chemically addictive, any more than HALLS vapour mints.

This is really a really bad argument. Gambling isn't chemically addictive. It ruins the lives of many people. Smoking is chemically addictive, but doesn't ruin the lives of many people. It appears that chemical addiction has nothing to do with anything. Try again.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Smoking is chemically addictive, but doesn't ruin the lives of many people.

Well, it HAS kinda killed people.

And it hasn't.

Being struck by lightning has killed people, and it hasn't.

The point I'm trying to make is that claims of this sort have no basis whatsoever. Whether true or not, they can play no role in such a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.